Outside minimum temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedFootMomma

5 Year Member
I'd love to take Carlos, my red foot, out for some fresh air, but am concerned it's still not warm enough yet. We live at high altitude, so it "feels" warm with intense rays, but we still have snow on the ground in shady spots. Our highs are in the mid 60sAny ideas?

LLLReptile

TFO Sponsor
5 Year Member
RedFootMomma said:
I'd love to take Carlos, my red foot, out for some fresh air, but am concerned it's still not warm enough yet. We live at high altitude, so it "feels" warm with intense rays, but we still have snow on the ground in shady spots. Our highs are in the mid 60sAny ideas?

I personally wouldn't take reptiles outside until the air temperatures are at the lowest that acceptable ambient temperatures would be. So for a red foot, the low to mid 70s are about as cool as I'd be comfortable with.

-Jen

EKLC

5 Year Member
Depends how intense the sun is, we had a cool front in Miami last week, and even though the air temps were 67, my sulcata's shell was 100 degrees (coincidentally enough measured with a temp gun I purchased from LLLreptile) and I needed to give him some shade. I would recommend a temp gun, but if the ground is warm to the touch, you're probably alright, especially if its just half an hour or so to bask and graze

Status
Not open for further replies.