outside enclosure for my leopard

Kirin

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Chino, CA
Sheldin is now a 1 1/2 year old , she weighs 394 grams, and is 4 ½ inches long. I was thinking of building her an outside enclosure for the summer. I would still bring her inside at night but would like to keep her outside all day. Would this be okay for her size and age?

MichaelNguyen7396

5 Year Member
I would think at that age you should only leave her out at maximum 4-6 hours, also it depends where you are from and what the weather is like

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
I live in So Cal where the weather is wonderful.

MichaelNguyen7396

5 Year Member
If so then yes, but make sure you have lots of hides, and prevention against wild predators like cats, fox etc

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would keep,her out all day. Then let her sleep in a humid indoor hide at night. Be sure to provide, shade and water and also a hide.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I second the recommendation to let her live outside all day long and bring her in to sleep in the humid chamber.

I always recommend the leopard pens are heavily planted and have multiple patches of tall growing grasses and weeds. These areas offer a humid hide out spots and are a favorite retreat among the spotted ones here ;)

Kirin

5 Year Member
Chino, CA
I live in Chino. Thanks everyone i do believe that i have a new project for this weekend.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yay Chino! Well then, let me be the first to invite you out to next CTTC club meeting. It's held at the Girl Scout House in Chino every 3rd Friday of the month. And next Sat we have our annual tortoise show. You should check it out! :) :tort: