Outdoor Red Foot enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

bacaraj

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Biloxi,MS
Here are some pics of my enclosure. It is approximately 6'x10' inside. The sides are made of cinder blocks substrate is approximately 4" of potting soil/organic humus mixture with approximately 4 cubic feet of peat moss to keep everything moist. I planted oregano, bell peppers, okra, salvia, hibiscus, and prickly pear. also sown in under the peat are watermelon radish, carrots, cucumbers, and zucchini so the shoots can be dined on as they germinate. The water dish is about 2" deep and the feeding area is a piece of ceramic tile. The hide area is a plastic tote with a side cut out for an entrance, I plan on building a heated wooden hutch to replace this soon. I live on the Gulf Coast in Biloxi,MS so the heat won't really be needed until February and for just a couple weeks at that from what I have read but, I want to have it ready by September just to be safe.

Attachments

• 100_1780.JPG
    100_1780.JPG
    193.8 KB · Views: 185
  • 100_1779.JPG
    100_1779.JPG
    198.4 KB · Views: 122

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
that looks really nice! and great idea for a hide!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Nice enclosure bacaraj. Be careful of the bell pepper plant I hear the the leaves are part of the nightshade family and are bad for torts. The actual Bell peppers are ok but leaves and stems are not.

Status
Not open for further replies.