Outdoor enclosure with shed

pawsplus

Location (City and/or State)
Nashville, TN
This is a great pen! Love the shed as well. I am planning an eventual move to the PNW and the fires have me quailing a bit. Given that the number of days a tortoise can be outside is already far less there than here (TN), it is daunting to know that on days when there was smoke they would have to be kept in. ?

Peggy Sue

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Grants Pass Oregon
We have been doing small projects inside the shed to finish getting it dialed in. Sheldon has been living outside and using the shed 24-7 for the last month. It has been holding his heat at a comfy 85. We have had some cooler days with rain was happy to see him come out and graze for short periods of time then back inside to warm up. To keep the temp down in summer we added a exhaust fan and have a box fan to circulate the air. In the night box we used pond liner and also put a threshold to hold the Kane Matt in place and in able the use of bark to help with humidity. As one of the finishing touches Husband built a deck for me to help keep the dirt out 51F2A5D2-4300-4B50-BFC5-FF95DE8DE647.jpeg5D5EFF3D-FA92-4E7A-BE1B-082CD4501F7D.jpeg7D619A80-4F1F-4524-98AA-14CA46EB0520.jpeg