outdoor enclosure pond

TLWR

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Baldwin Co, Alabama
My boxies are in an outdoor pen and have been for 2 years and doing well. So is the enclosure.
I had to fix the pond last year as the plants were encroaching and causing the water to spill out, drain the pond, kill the pump.

Same problem this year, but more so as the plants have grown monstrous.
So rather than fix, my plan is to make a new one on the non plant end so I have room to work.
Has anybody used a small preformed pond? How small is small? Anything special to make it easy to get in and out of?

The pump pulls water to the large pot, spills down the side, down the little rock river and back into the pond.
Only now the plants divert the water....

20150423_153535_zps3xjmc4sr.jpg

view from the other end
At this point, I think I'll do something on the pine straw end for their pond.
20150423_154052_zpsoyaodcft.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I have a small pre-formed pond in my turtle garden, but last year I re-did the little pond and I put some old pond liner in it. I didn't fold it in too good on the edges, but plants and ground cover is growing around it so it doesn't look too bad now. I put some large river rocks in the pond to make it more shallow so they can get in and out, and I put some water plants into the river rocks, and some floating plants in there too, so it keeps the water pretty clear. I just run water from the hose into the pond every few days, and it cleans right up.

2e5no1e.jpg

IMAG0075-1.jpg

24zg2ae.jpg

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Well I have a one hundred gallon preformed pond . I would give it to you if you lived closer to me . The shipping would cost more than the pond .

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I was thinking of putting my box in this enclosure . But I have water turtles in there .

Attachments

• 1429847786919.jpg
    1429847786919.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 21

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yeah ,I'm just going to build one . This pond is deep .

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
Yes, because I sloped the river rocks so around the edge is higher and then around the edge there is pieces of slate that I cut with a tile cutter so they kind of piece together and they can climb out. The middle is a little deeper, but they can still hold their head out of the water.It looks smaller in the pictures but it's a nice enough size so a few turtles can fit. I also have a large plant saucer on the other side of the garden that they can sit in or drink from. I notice the smaller turtles go in there. In the back yard is the Tortoise garden with a bigger pond, using the same concept. I love river rocks because they are smooth and you can place the different sizes where you want.