Outdoor enclosure guidance!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackMountain412

5 Year Member
So I cleaned up about maybe a little less then 1/4 of my back yard. I left my biggest redfoot(9 inches) that I have outside for about 8 hrs today and I just brought him back inside (its 1:05am) right now. Its about 55 degree right now, he was sleeping inbetween some potted plants but I was scared he might get sick if I leave him out there so thats why I decided to take him in. Also I saw a huge slug hanging underneath him. Backyard is safe, no pesticide or anything... just wild bugs, snails, slugs, and earthworms.

I've never leave any of my animals out in the backyard overnight before so thats why I'm a little worried.

That leads me to a few questions.

1. What is a safe temp to leave them over night? There will be pots and small plastic bucket for shelter.

2. if temp is too cold should i built like a small shelter with some heat for overnight? Don't want to but if I have to, I would do it!

3. I have couple of redfoots, yellowfoot and cherrys about 6"+, are they ready to be housed outdoor with san francisco weather being around 55 degree to average 82 degree? OR do I have to make a basking area?

Any other informative information, awareness and suggestions would be great!! Thanks!

silly me, found the answers I was looking for.

http://tortoiseyard.com/creating_a_home_for_your_redfoot_tortoise.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.