Outdoor enclosure coming along...REVISED - COMPLETED!!

rkelleh

Location (City and/or State)
Hanford, California
I am grateful that my husband understands my concerns and he is helping me with the sprinkler set up and the cover for the outdoor tort enclosure while he is home before deployment. We did some planning and purchasing this past weekend and progress has commenced. Yay!

We are framing with pvc pipe and then will run some mesh over the top for protection. I love that I will be able to walk under it with ease and it will allow for plant growth in height. We will build a little "house" to assist with additional shade and then plant grapevine behind it so they can create a cover on the house and flow over. Sprinklers will be ran and then the majority completed. The rest will have to wait for Spring as I will plant grazing seeds. Am glad that I can get back on this project and can see movement again.

Ninja and Nertle are some spoiled torts!

1008152042a.jpg 1008152052.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Wow! That is so cool. What kinds of plants did you put in the cinder blocks?

rkelleh

Hanford, California
I was going to go with creeping Charlie's but they do not do well for me with the frost in Central Valley, CA, so I decided to try Ice plant in the cinder blocks and hope it lasts the weather elements.

rkelleh

Hanford, California
And it is finally complete with sprinklers and cover. Come spring, grazing seeds will be planted. Ninja and Nettle enjoyed some outside time today.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
your husband did a very nice job. I love that banana tree.

rkelleh

Hanford, California
your husband did a very nice job. I love that banana tree.
Thank you. Also, thank you for fixing the thread for me. I goofed earlier and I accidentally created a new one. Much appreciation. If you have any other suggestions for the enclosure, I am open to thoughts and ideas.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
A well-done job - congrats!! I too love the way it is covered.:)

A cute leopard tort you've got - GOD bless.:tort:

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Love this setup, really cool. Rest of your garden looks nice too. Very creative with quality finishing touches, like the hanging tandem.
Lucky torts. :D

4jean

5 Year Member
New York State
I'm jealous! It looks amazing. I'm going to show your pictures to my husband....and hope he is inspired

DawnH

5 Year Member
Southeast Texas
That is so awesome! We did the hoop frame as well and for us (it can get cooler here during the winter) it is nice because you can cover it in clear plastic and make it into a nice greenhouse to extend the fall season. You guy really did a fantastic job!!