Our Newest Foster...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Surprise, AZ
Here she is! One week old today and as sweet as can be. We are hoping and praying she stays forever. She is the half sister of our 3 adopted girls. Such a wonderful/sad surprise. Baby and Mom tested positive for substance exposer so CPS took custody of baby from the hospital. We got a call at 3:30 Tuesday...hadn't heard from Mom in 3 years. CPS asked if we wanted her and told us they needed to know within the hour. How could we say no?? So here's our baby we got with a 23 hour notice!!!

So many of our friends and family have donated items to us. It's been really amazing to see the generosity of people! We are blessed in so many ways!

image-82985370.png

image-4010948065.png

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Thank you. She is a fighter! God must have big plans for her if she survived everything she has been through before being born.

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
What a precious gift! I hope she doesn't grow up with any bad affects from the drugs. Is there any chance that the mom will someday want all her kids?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Wow, is she ever lucky to have you and your family. She is so cute. Very sad start, but hopefully a happy beginning and beyond. CONGRATULATIONS:)

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Her parental rights to the four oldest kids have been terminated and they are adopted. 3 girls with me and a brother in another adoptive home. There's nothing she can do to get them back. The 4 year old is in a temporary guardianship but I have a feeling the Judge is going to bring him into this case also. They will lost likely all be severed and eligible for adoption. She can't do anything to get them back. She knows we are open to visits with the kids as long as she is making good choices for herself..but she hasn't been.

Right now she has some breathing and sucking issues and also has occasional tremors and rapid eye movement. From what I have heard from friends that have raised drug babies is some of the affects will last for several months until the drugs finally leave their system. Anything else we will just have to wait and see. Usually learning disabilities and some cognitive development are common. Hopefully she will come through just fine with very minor issues...if none at all. We are hopeful! She's perfect no matter what though.

mainey34

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Oh Kim, she is as beautiful as I expected..how lucky is she to have such a wonderful family who will care for her unconditionally.. And she will be the joy of your lives just like the other girls are...(good or bad) (lol)....Miss you!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
You are very good people, to take on yet another such challenge. I salute you and am glad that blessed folks like you are there for these little angels. :cool:

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Terry Allan Hall said:
You are very good people, to take on yet another such challenge. I salute you and am glad that blessed folks like you are there for these little angels. :cool:

i couldnt have said it better. and i agree. best wishes, momo

LuckysGirl007

5 Year Member
Surprise, AZ
Thank you guys! Thank goodness my Mom was able to fly out from PA to help me out. I was getting pretty tired!! She's been a good baby though.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
She looks like a doll!! What a little peanut. :)

My cousins were trying to adopt a second child and they got a phone call on a Friday night that a birth mom had chosen them for her already-born baby...they brought their new daughter home three days later! Love those stories of surprises. :)

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Oh my, that is the smallest mouth I've ever seen on an infant! She is adorable. I hope you all keep her forever. Best to you and your family. You are really good people. Btw, you should see how big Baby Runt is getting. He's beginning to eat almost as much mazuri as my other two 4 pounders! He totally trusts me...i love him so much.

LuckysGirl007 said:
Here she is! One week old today and as sweet as can be. We are hoping and praying she stays forever. She is the half sister of our 3 adopted girls. Such a wonderful/sad surprise. Baby and Mom tested positive for substance exposer so CPS took custody of baby from the hospital. We got a call at 3:30 Tuesday...hadn't heard from Mom in 3 years. CPS asked if we wanted her and told us they needed to know within the hour. How could we say no?? So here's our baby we got with a 23 hour notice!!!

So many of our friends and family have donated items to us. It's been really amazing to see the generosity of people! We are blessed in so many ways!

View attachment 36845

View attachment 36847

Status
Not open for further replies.