Our new outdoor enclosure

Status
Not open for further replies.

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Berthoud, Colorado
Finally finished our outdoor summer tort house for Bowzer and the boys. It's about 10 ft x 10 ft and I made it out of mostly recycled materials (old arbor for the door, old chickenwire and cinder blocks). The torts seem to enjoy it!

Donna

DSC_0148.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
Very nice. Odd how big it looks in the first two photos, yet so small in the third photo! 10 x 10 is good size!

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Oh thanks! We have three greeks. I know it's a secure enclosure for day time, since it's completely enclosed with wire but we still bring them inside for the night. Too many racoons and coyotes around here and our night time temps are still dropping into the upper 50's.

I'm so glad it's finished :) It took a lot longer than I thought it would to build.

Donna

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Lol Bettinge. I thought the complete opposite. It looks small to me in the first 2 pictures because of how much land there is around it!

It does look amazing though, the door looks especially neat.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And a chair for your viewing pleasure! Wonderful pen for the torts. You should be very proud.

Yvonne

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing. I hope to take on a huge project like that someday.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Love it! You have a very unique enclosure. You also have a lot of property ever thought of getting a Sulcata? :D

turtlemom

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Berthoud, Colorado
Thanks Yvonne, Kate, Isa, Seiryu and Candy! Yvonne, the chair is were my tort daughter likes to sit and read! They are her torts and she did help me a little bit with the enclosure. It is a unique design - one of a kind! The arched pipes were from a hay storage bldg that got blow apart this spring in a wind storm. That was wild to see! Once I put the pipes on t-posts, it sort of all just came together with stuff we already had. We still have a half dozen of the arched pipes left, if anyone is interested!

And yes, Candy, tort daughter would LOVE to have sulcatas some day! But we live in Colorado and it's way too cold and snowy during the winter for sullys. That would be cool, tho, I can just imagine the horses and sulcatas out in the pasture fighting for the best grass :D Do sulcatas like weeds? We have plenty of weeds . . .

Now that this project is finished, it's time to get back to remodeling the bathroom :p

Donna

Status
Not open for further replies.