Our Aldabras, Bigfoot, Littlefoot and Meatball

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I don't know if they ever completely stop growing, the rate just slows considerably as they age. I think we are just about through the rapid growth phase that takes place during the first 5 years or so.
Research tells me they continue growing, including their organs which replenish continuously as years pass...
I'm sure you know this....my sister had 2 Aldabs and as they grew she had problems putting them to bed at night...just like was happening here...but she had 'taught' them that they loved strawberries, so every night she'd lead them to bed with a berry...they didn't hurry at all, and at times patience was lost, geeze Louise...they are such slow thinkers compared to Sulcata for instance...so every night it was a struggle to get them to bed...yet since they were small they were put to bed nightly, then one day...they wanted to stay out and it became a fight to get them into their shed...the end result that after years...they went to live elsewhere....what a shame

dd33

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Florida
Research tells me they continue growing, including their organs which replenish continuously as years pass...
I'm sure you know this....my sister had 2 Aldabs and as they grew she had problems putting them to bed at night...just like was happening here...but she had 'taught' them that they loved strawberries, so every night she'd lead them to bed with a berry...they didn't hurry at all, and at times patience was lost, geeze Louise...they are such slow thinkers compared to Sulcata for instance...so every night it was a struggle to get them to bed...yet since they were small they were put to bed nightly, then one day...they wanted to stay out and it became a fight to get them into their shed...the end result that after years...they went to live elsewhere....what a shame
Our night house use situation has gotten worse since we started having a problem a few months ago. They rarely ever go back to it at night anymore. It is very frustrating.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Our night house use situation has gotten worse since we started having a problem a few months ago. They rarely ever go back to it at night anymore. It is very frustrating.
Believe me...I know...that's why her Aldabs were moved to a different keeper...it was awful...