Ornate box turtle baby help!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanessa

5 Year Member
Ok so I bought 3 ornate box turtles about 2 months ago. 2 are adults and 1 is a baby that was about a week and half old when I got it and I don't know if its growing at the right speed it's still so small. Any tips I need help. Is this normal?

AustinASU

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, FL
Best thing to do is get a small gram scale at target or wal-mart in the kitchen appliance aisle. Weigh them every month for the adult and every week and a half for the hatchling...do this and record it somewhere....for instance an excel file for safe keeping.

mchong9606

10 Year Member!
You might want to keep the baby separate from the two adults if you have them together...a tiny baby might get run over. Babies are fragile. Ornates are carnivorous and babies are no different. Small crickets, worms, and wax worms are great. Foods that wiggle will stimulate feeding. I soak my ebt in warm water before feeding.

vanessa

5 Year Member
Thanks every one

Yes they are separate the adults and the hatchling

tiff3grl

10 Year Member!
Arizona
As stated above, I would separate as well. Is it just the smaller one that does not seem to be growing or all of them? If it's the smaller it may be that the 2 bigger ones are showing aggression.

vanessa

5 Year Member
The 2 adults are outside and the hatchling stays inside and it's only the little one thats not growing

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
I have had some babies that grow slower than some of the others. I just increase their feedings to make sure they're getting enough. You also don't want to grow him too fast - so his shell will will stay smooth. Slow, steady growth is best. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.