Original Sherlock Holmes Books

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

Well? Who else is a fan? I'm not far from obsessed. I sort of go into Holmes withdrawal whenever I finish a book. I must have read the series at least four times by now!

Mr.SpiderHands

I am, as well, only recently been able to read them, as I never had access before, but now that I have a kindle, I've been reading all of the stories, and I am almost finished (sadly, as I sort of wish they would go on forever!) absolute works of literary genius! Masterpieces of captivating stories, just filled with entertainment and thrills. I am obsessed! I must also add that Jeremy Brett's Sherlock is so accurate to the stories that I absolutely prefer his adaptation over any others I've seen.

Prairie Mom

Recently read "Sherlock Holmes: the Valley of Fear" by Sir Aurthor Conan Doyle. My library didn't have it, but I picked it up from Amazon. I enjoyed it a lot. It was really different. Nearly the whole book is told in a character's flashback of events, so that was definitely an odd one for Doyle. There are a few "Sherlock" moments in the book that were absolutely hilarious. My favorite scenes were when Sherlock gives a brief, sarcastic, excited monologue on how a loving wife should react upon learning her husband has died, as well as a moment where Sherlock bursts into Watson's room like a crazy man in the middle of the night and Watson shrugs him off in the funniest way. Good stuff. I'd recommend picking it up.

ILoveTorts&Gerbils

Yes, if you haven't already, you should read the rest. They're my favourite books that I've ever read. Sorry, Harry Potter.