Orchid Bark

Myakoda

Location (City and/or State)
AZ.
Hi Tom, I've been googling this bark, then clicked on this. It's you, so I want to get the Uni grow one. I've checked a few places, I can't seem to find this brand. I'll keep looking! I can't wait to get this in Myakoda's enclosure. Like now! :)
I use that over bulk cypress mulch to save money. Petsmart sells it Online for 15.30 or so just gotta watch.
Thank you.

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
If possible. Can someone share some photos of how to or how you used "orchard bark" in your indoor or outdoor enclosure?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thank you. And may I know what species of the Tortoise are in here? And how old?
I raised my Hatchling Redfoot in this enclosure for the first year.

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
If possible. Can someone share some photos of how to or how you used "orchard bark" in your indoor or outdoor enclosure?

Here's an enclosure with newly hatched Burmese stars. I use Orchid Bark (fir bark) for all the tortoises. I raise baby sulcatas up to about 6" on it. Adult spider tortoise. Adult Burmese Stars in winter. Galap it's first year. etc, etc.

IMG_0771.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Here's an enclosure with newly hatched Burmese stars. I use Orchid Bark (fir bark) for all the tortoises. I raise baby sulcatas up to about 6" on it. Adult spider tortoise. Adult Burmese Stars in winter. Galap it's first year. etc, etc.

View attachment 286552
Thank you so much for sharing it.

Myakoda

AZ.

View attachment 286552
I love this enclosure. I need a better one. My baby is in a terrarium, that's open on top. I'm so glad I found The Tortoise forum. I have read so much misinformation before here. We're getting the animal plastic enclosure, however, it takes to long. :( We actually found Myakoda, in the road. She was a hatchling, and is now 6 month old. I want to do the best for her. Until we get a better one, we do all we can do keep her humidity levels up. Also, changed her substrate from reptibark, to Orchid bark. Tom and OPO have been a huge help, as well as others on here.