Orchid bark - should it be pre- soaked?

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Hi! I'm from England but currently living in Texas where i have my 2 year old Russian happily set up in an outdoor enclosure but, even here, she has to come inside for a couple of mouths in the winter (i haven't dared try hibernation yet! ). I hope you stay active on the forum because one day soon we'll be relocating back to the uk and I'm not looking forward to trying to build a heated outdoor enclosed for her!

Hey I’m just about to start my outdoor enclosure in the UK. I’ve got a thread running from last year and I’ll be sure to update it as I go along. Hopefully I can get some tips along the way.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Hey I’m just about to start my outdoor enclosure in the UK. I’ve got a thread running from last year and I’ll be sure to update it as I go along. Hopefully I can get some tips along the way.
Ask @JoesMum for tipz

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
I did speak to someone in uk customs and was told that provided i had a vet's certificate there were no restrictions on import because they don't carry disease. I just have to put her in a box with other pets in hold.

Makes one wonder why you just can’t carry on a tort in a box. Ive seen some carryons that are the size of elephants...so, a mere tort in a carry on “hat” box seems more than reasonable. We brought our little cat back to the USA from Tbilisi, Georgia via Frankfurt to Washington, DC. Seems like a tort in a box from US to London (as carry on) is a no brainer.

Luparker@0229

Plano texas
Don’t get overly worried about pyramiding, it’s not the end of the world if they have a little pyramiding. Yes it is not normal but it’s not to late to correct it and stop it getting any worse. Cute tort by the way:) :tort: