Orange urine and frequent urates

Travis&Marshmallow

Location (City and/or State)
Saratoga CA
Hi everyone

My 13 year old female sulcata Marshmallow has had some orange colored urine the past week. I noticed this when she is soaked. I have been soaking her everyday for the past week and she will urinate in the tub with urates every other day. She produces a large quantity of slightly pink urates when this happens.

The urates have a gritty texture and some of the grains are quite hard but will disintigrate with enough pressure. She eats mostly timothy hay with romaine lettuce and calcium powder 2-3 times a week. She does not eat dandelion greens but does have access to some tree leaves.

It appears to me that the color of the urine might be getting lighter and the quantity of urates a little less but this might not be true.

She is bright, alert and responsive with a massive appetite. She poops multiple, large grassy poops every day but I have seen her strain to pass some of this with mild cloacal prolapse that goes back in. She has been drinking much more water from her dish and soaks now that the weather is warmer.

My primary differential is dehydration is causing this. I am leaving town for a week but have asked my roommate to continue the soaks. I am also going to get hydrating food like zuchini, ice berg and watermelon.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Attachments

• imagejpeg_0(4).jpg
    imagejpeg_0(4).jpg
    215 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210523_143145.jpg
    20210523_143145.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14
  • 20210517_150550.jpg
    20210517_150550.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15