Orange County CTTC Live Turtle and Tortoise Show 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Oregon
The CTTC OC chapter is having their 2nd annual Live Turtle and Tortoise Show on Sunday, August 18th from 10am to 3pm. It will be at the La Habra Community Center.

I'll be there to share TFO with others and to educate on the humid way of raising the Leopard tortoise. I'm very excited for my second presentation. Especially, since I now have a pyramiding leopard to compare to my smooth leopard.

If any TFO members attend the show please stop by and introduce yourself. :)

This show is expected to be very large. A pen of galopagos tortoises will be there, too.

Come out and bring the kids :D

http://www.octortoisecttc.org

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Attachments

• 1373697658921.jpg
    1373697658921.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 95

kimber_lee_314

10 Year Member!
So Cal
Team Gomberg said:
Kimber, will you be showing anything?

Heather
Sent from my Android TFO app

Not as of now ... unless they need more species to show. Let me know if they do. :)

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
SO is everyone still going ? .......Heather I tried to contact you ...I made a lil' something for you and your tort club.....:shy:
Just emailed my pops .. to see if he would like to drive up from Diego and check out the show too......
Looking forward to meeting some of these faces behind the names ..:D

JD~;)

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
N2TORTS said:
SO is everyone still going ? .......Heather I tried to contact you ...I made a lil' something for you and your tort club.....:shy:
Just emailed my pops .. to see if he would like to drive up from Diego and check out the show too......

JD~;)

I will be there right when the doors open with My Mom. She doesnt like to try to walk with alot of people around her

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Everyone who is going:

don't forget to bring your cameras and take lots of pictures to share with us.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
bigred said:
N2TORTS said:

JD~;)

I will be there right when the doors open with My Mom. She doesnt like to try to walk with alot of people around her

Very Cool MR. Ed ... will see ya there ...! :)

Yvonne G said:
Everyone who is going:

don't forget to bring your cameras and take lots of pictures to share with us.

Ahhhh Shucks .. Yvonne'... I thought you would be there ..? :(

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yes I'll be there as an exhibitor! I set up at 8am :D :D super excited!!!

JD made me something?!?! oooooh I can't wait to see it! My PM is disabled but my email option is enabled. Just a tip...If you email me put TFO in the subject line. It goes into my hubby's email and if he doesn't recognize the sender it either goes into junk or he deletes it. Putting "TFO" or anything turtle related in the subject line will ID it for him to pass it to me ;)

Don't forget TFOers to stop by and say hi :D :D

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Team Gomberg said:
Yes I'll be there as an exhibitor! I set up at 8am :D :D super excited!!!

JD made me something?!?! oooooh I can't wait to see it! My PM is disabled but my email option is enabled. Just a tip...If you email me put TFO in the subject line. It goes into my hubby's email and if he doesn't recognize the sender it either goes into junk or he deletes it. Putting "TFO" or anything turtle related in the subject line will ID it for him to pass it to me ;)

Don't forget TFOers to stop by and say hi :D :D

I figured as much he dumped it and didnt tell you .... same as the permission slip to visit the Cove' . <LOL> .....:p

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
What an awesome day :D :D :D

Later when I'm at my pc I'll upload some pictures of the event. But for now I gotta say that today was just, awesome!

Tom payed a visit and that was nice. We didn't get to talk much at the last show, so I was glad to spend more time chatting at this show. Loved your daughters pink turtle, too ;)

Then I finally met JD (N2TORTS). Super cool dude and I got a really neat gift, too. Everyone was asking me how you made it.. ?? I'll share pics of that later on also.
P.s. I'm keeping your secret but excited to know it! Woo hoo!

James (Kameya) was set up on the same aisle as me. He had all his cool turtle signs and stickers. Hope you did good business! I got the Leopard crossing sticker :D thanks man.

After the show was over I got to play with the 500lb Galapagos girls. Scratching their necks and lovin on them. What a treat :)

Sharon's (OC chapter president) husband told me there were over 1,800 people that came through! Wow.

Looking forward to doing it again next year when my Leopard torts are even bigger and still smooth :D

Sent from my TFOapp

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
Ahhh yes …..went to the show …and met Heather ! ..Great lil tort speaker too …as I stood and listen for a bit before saying “ hi” ……..good looking friendly gal to say the least, great marketing/people skills and was pushing TFO … Josh ..ya might need to pay her commission…:p Actually I was impressed by the amount of people , but saddened I didn’t see more “TFO & Known Breeder folks” . Most of the people there I have never even herd of …Now don’t get me wrong in the next few lines, as it was a neat concept and I understand the work that goes into throwing something like this ….but the show itself …complete chaos. Way to small of a building to host a show like that…..folks were pushing and shoving ..and if you did want to stop and talk with a vendor , you caused a traffic jam. Bummer I missed Ed and Tom …got to meet James …cool tort paraphernalia and he stoked me out on a RF magnet .. Thank you James! To be honest the two friendliest people were from this forum. The rest ….well , not too friendly of a group ie: “club people”. Even at the front door where the tickets were sold …
I must admit I got a kick out of some “club member” telling me about Redfoots…was hard to keep a straight face…:rolleyes:
That was the highlight other than meeting the folks mentioned above. I could almost have that show at my house…with more smiles and less attitude. Although much better than the last show in Long Beach , overall not too impressed by the presentation , space , organization and folks who put the show on. Too bad …. They never know what they could missing out on….
The general public was there ….but I don’t think is should be a “ kid zoo” either….and there was ton’s of that going on as well. I hope people who attended the show went there with the intention to learn something and walked away with knowledge ….not to take a picture of their kid sitting on a large … “ TURTLE” ……oopppsss I mean “TORTOISE” …… gosh I herd a tortoise being called a turtle at least 1,000 times today.:(

This forum and the wealth of knowledge within it .. blows doors on anything I have yet seen within these " tort type clubs" .

JD~

redfoot_mama94

5 Year Member
Maine, USA
Wish I could have gone, not enough fun things going on in new England and traveling to cali would have been disastrous I'm sure with a three year old & at almost nine months pregnant ;)I wanna see pictures!!!!

1.1 human baby's (grayson & mackenzie)
1.1 bunnies
0.1 eastern painted (wendy)
0.1 treeing walker coonhound (daisy)
0.1 pregnant mainecoon mix (vera)

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
JD, last year they had a little over 400 visitors at that same location. With 1,800 people showing up this year it was a big surprise to everyone.

I will say, being at my table the entire time, I didn't get to experience any of the chaos or crowded pushing. I did see the traffic jams caused by people stopping to listen. ..oh what to do.
There was a suggestion box at the exit. They wanted tips on how to improve the show. I'll mention some of this. Can't hurt :)

I passed out every single TFO card I had before the show was even half over. Josh sent me a bunch of them and I thought it was "too many"..lol boy was I wrong. Uh Josh...can I get some more??? :p
I'll be a TFO rep for ya ;) ask Tom and JD for references. They've seen me preach it!!

I really do love being on the front lines dealing with people. I hope for more opportunities to do things like this. :D

I just uploaded pics to the computer tonight so I'll try and add them here tomorrow.

Sent from my TFOapp

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
You did well Heather that’s for sure …. Two other odd incidents …
One … I had asked someone if they were from the forum because of their story board I thought I recognized the names of their tortoises…. they were scared to answer the question? …..” Panic person maybe?
Second one … was a “vendor/club member” had several torts of mixed species in a small wooden pin about 4x4, ( now I know about size restrictions during these shows) I had complemented her torts , but asked her …if even just for a day , aren’t you worried about cross contamination between species ….? She looked at me like I was talking Alien and said .. “ What do you mean?” …….and this from a
“ club member” ? ….Scary!

Now I'm old ... but do you have to be over 65 to be a CTTC member?:p

kameya

10 Year Member!
Orange County, California
I was busy working at my booth yesterday and hardly got anytime to check out the whole show. So here are a few photos I was able to take during some down times toward the end of the show.

Here is my booth at the show... I am glad I was able to meet Heather, Tom, and Jeff(JD) whom came up to my booth and introduced themselves to me...we had great conversations on....tortoises (what else???)

I've also added a presentation board to show some DIY habitat building ideas...since this is a tortoise show that wants to help and educate general public about tortoise care....

This couple sat right next to my booth were displaying their rock-painting turtles...

What an amazing works and talents...

This was my other neighbor on the other side of the table whose selling interesting turtle merchandise...I believed my Mom, who cam along with me, was one of their biggest shopper through out the day... ^_^

And here is Heather's cute little display...

The main attraction of the show...the Galapagos...

A shot of the crowd taken from my booth...really want to thank Sharon and the entire CTTC OC Chapter staff and others on putting this wonderful show together... ^_^

Well...hope to see all of you again next year... ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.