Orange County, Ca members?

Erisa Nicole

Location (City and/or State)
Placentia, Ca
Hello! I am from Orange County, California and am curious if there are any members near? I am also curious if any have adopted from the CTTC! I am waiting for a response back for adoption. Can you tell me your experience with the CTTC?

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
There are a few of us within your range .........;)

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
I'm just a bit south of OC.
I adopted a big sulcata through them, the Chino chapter that is. Its super simple, you fill out the application, send it in, wait for a response, and then they'll let you know what you have to do from there.
@Team Gomberg is much more familiar than I am with the process.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
I'm VP of the Chino chapter. :)

Just so you know, you'll find a wide variety of husbandry styles among the different CTTC members.

When I personally do enclosure checks, I have different requirements than some of the others.
I like to see earthy type substrates, no rabbit pellets. I like to see water sources and many of the various recommendations that are shared throughout this forum.

When I do yard checks, I like to see water sources, an escape proof perimeter, proper shelter for the species in question (heated or underground for cool temps) natural growing food source..etc.

I don't know what OC has available right now but we have quite a bit.

Good luck and let me know if you have questions!

Erisa Nicole

Placentia, Ca
I'm just a bit south of OC.
I adopted a big sulcata through them, the Chino chapter that is. Its super simple, you fill out the application, send it in, wait for a response, and then they'll let you know what you have to do from there.
@Team Gomberg is much more familiar than I am with the process.
Thanks! Yes, im waiting for a response through the OC chapter! @Team Gomberg has been helping me :)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I am not in the O.C., but I am by where the 57 and 210 meet, so let say close to he O.C. or O.C. adjacent.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Im from Fullerton, I joined the CTTC twice but somehow the check got cashed but we got nothing in return. Ha Ha ya true try, that was a few years back and everytime I ask about it thy say," they were having some problems back then" Im sure if you are going to adopt a tortoise from them it will go just fine

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Its a very simple process for me. Once i went to pick up my torts i filled out some papers got there stickers and went on my way. Haha

Erisa Nicole

Placentia, Ca
Its a very simple process for me. Once i went to pick up my torts i filled out some papers got there stickers and went on my way. Haha
Im waiting for the OC chapter to respond back. Im thinking about applying to the chino chapter. Its been about 2 weeks since ive sent my application. Maybe I just need to be patient. Im so excited about adopting a tortoise!

New Desert Tortoise Mommy

5 Year Member
Im waiting for the OC chapter to respond back. Im thinking about applying to the chino chapter. Its been about 2 weeks since ive sent my application. Maybe I just need to be patient. Im so excited about adopting a tortoise!

Well i called the chino chapter and did things through that instead of emailing.