Opo 2.0

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Palm Bay Fl
The beginnings of Opo's new winter enclosure. Now we need to insulate and get the equipment in.
Wish I built myself to show off my building skills but I don't need to take a project like that on. I haven't used my saws much since the accident. I didn't want to have a accident and end up going to the hospital with this covid virus.
Rose was a great help!

Attachments

• 20200907_132009.jpg
    20200907_132009.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 31
  • 20200907_123229.jpg
    20200907_123229.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20200829_190531.jpg
    20200829_190531.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 32
  • 20200719_193612.jpg
    20200719_193612.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I cut back on Opo's mazuri this summer to promote more grass eating. Probably would have weighed more if I kept feeding mazuri. I know I was overfeeding Opo. So I changed his diet to maybe slow his growth. To help with the pyramiding.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
I cut back on Opo's mazuri this summer to promote more grass eating. Probably would have weighed more if I kept feeding mazuri. I know I was overfeeding Opo. So I changed his diet to maybe slow his growth. To help with the pyramiding.
If only it was that easy for us humans too!(I refering to ME) Damn fine looking tortoise you got there sir y'all should be proud!

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Here is Opo's weight. 36.0 lbs. So he gained 2 lbs a month since last weigh in on his 3rd birthday. View attachment 306228
Opo's little picture is a perfect example of the 13 scutes for the crocheted tortoise I'm working on... and also with a great front view of the little marginals.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
You might have a new way into your house. What a big tort!?
I will weigh Opo in the next few days. I am hoping for 40lbs. Opo is digging under the shed. You can't see but I have it blocked off. So Opo can't get underneath. He loved going under the shed but I foresaw him getting stuck as he got bigger. Just as long he stays away from the pad footings. I will let him continue to dig.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Opo's little picture is a perfect example of the 13 scutes for the crocheted tortoise I'm working on... and also with a great front view of the little marginals.?
Can't wait to see it finished. My mom loved to crochet. I have some peices she made. I consider them family heirlooms.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

I know that you know, but as a reminder per our guru Tom, pyramiding is more a result of being raised in low humidity than a result of diet. I’m sure Opo’s Mazuri is good for him, lots of micro- nutrients & minerals, etc. Grass grazing is good too. Shed looking good, opo is prepping the bed for some winter brassicas.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Can't wait to see it finished. My mom loved to crochet. I have some peices she made. I consider them family heirlooms.
It's going to take awhile because I'm using thread instead of yarn. I finally got the 5 vertebral scutes done today where I halfway like them. 8 more scutes to go. It might wind up a disaster but it's fun trying. Keeps my mind and fingers busy when I can't get out and about.?

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I know that you know, but as a reminder per our guru Tom, pyramiding is more a result of being raised in low humidity than a result of diet. I’m sure Opo’s Mazuri is good for him, lots of micro- nutrients & minerals, etc. Grass grazing is good too. Shed looking good, opo is prepping the bed for some winter brassicas.
The humidity worries me in the winter. With the enclosure, I have a few ideas to keep the humidity up. I guess I will try different methods until I get something to work. I would hate to have pyramiding starting again this winter.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Disappointing weigh in. ?
Opo only gained a little over 3lbs since Sept 13th.
I am going to weigh him every 2 weeks for awhile to make sure he didn't lose some weight since Sept. Opo has averaged a little over 2lbs a month. The last month he hasn't eaten as much because of the cooler weather.
20201228_112614.jpg
20201228_112610.jpg

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Ray, what kind of scale is that? And where did you find it. I love how the numbers are separate so you can see! Also Opo looks great! ❤?

Hey, I know that you asked Ray this question.....but we used to use these types at work for shipping packages to our over seas offices. Nice ‘cause you keep the scale on the floor, roll the package (tortoise) over & on...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00KYA0RC2/?tag=exoticpetnetw-20