Opinions on what tort is right for me?

Alecks

Location (City and/or State)
Oskaloosa
I live in South East Iowa, and it gets COLD in the winter. I have an 8x3 tortoise table, that will be in my room. (Upstairs) It is pretty cold in my house during the winter. We keep the house at 65°F. It feels slightly colder. I also have a humidifier if need be. What kind of tort (preferably a Redfoot, Yellowfoot, Cherryhead, W. Hermanns, and a Russian) would be best for me? Also I'm a complete newbie. I'd Prefer not to spend a lot on heating/lighting. (I'm 14 and saving for a car lol) TIA!!!! :)

SasquatchTortoise

Forth Worth, Texas
Hmm... Not sure. Have you built the table yet? could we see pictures? Probably not a red or yellowfoot, unless you can get an outdoor enclosure for most of the time

Alecks

Oskaloosa
SasquatchTortoise, I am buying the table of facebook, but dimensions are 8ft by 3ft if that helps.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I live in South East Iowa, and it gets COLD in the winter. I have an 8x3 tortoise table, that will be in my room. (Upstairs) It is pretty cold in my house during the winter. We keep the house at 65°F. It feels slightly colder. I also have a humidifier if need be. What kind of tort (preferably a Redfoot, Yellowfoot, Cherryhead, W. Hermanns, and a Russian) would be best for me? Also I'm a complete newbie. I'd Prefer not to spend a lot on heating/lighting. (I'm 14 and saving for a car lol) TIA!!!! :)
An adult Russian or hermanni would be fine as long as you have the correct heating and lighting. You can hibernate them over the cold winter months. Here is the care info: https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/the-best-way-to-raise-any-temperate-species-of-tortoise.183131/