Only one step away from 2 Aldabra tortoise babies ....

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Sorry, I am late but I have had a busy day.
My torts arrived early in the morning at 8:00 am.
The mysterious box made of styrofoam stands
in my living room: SCARY !
DSCN3749.JPG

Bee62

Germany
I opened it and there was a second box inside. Cats and my DSCN3757.JPG dog were also very interested:

Bee62

Germany
There they are. Small black tortoises, fitting easily in the palm of my hand, sooo cute !!!!!!
Look, this guy or girl is waving to you, saying "Hello, here I am on TFO. Proud to be here."
DSCN3768.JPG

Bee62

Germany
Soaking in the water dish in their new enclosure. The "waving" one was exploring soon, the skittish needed time to come with head and legs out of his/her shell.
DSCN3782.JPG

DSCN3791.JPG

Bee62

Germany
Today in the evening each baby uses an edge of the enclosure to sleep.

DSCN3797.JPG

Bad mom forgot to buy the babies a hide ! What a shame ! But I promise tomorrow they`ll get their hide and alot of cuttle bones.
Btw.: Both babies are having a hard shell, plastron and carapax.
During the day they explored the enclosure and were drinking and eating. They seem to be very healthy.
And now I am proud and happy and smiling and .........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:tort::tort::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:

Tomorrow I want to open a new thread about my babies. I would be very glad and happy if you all would follow me there.

Sabine

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I’m so happy for you!!! Will watch for the new thread:) how special!!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Today in the evening each baby uses an edge of the enclosure to sleep.

View attachment 250763

Bad mom forgot to buy the babies a hide ! What a shame ! But I promise tomorrow they`ll get their hide and alot of cuttle bones.
Btw.: Both babies are having a hard shell, plastron and carapax.
During the day they explored the enclosure and were drinking and eating. They seem to be very healthy.
And now I am proud and happy and smiling and .........:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:tort::tort::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3::<3:

Tomorrow I want to open a new thread about my babies. I would be very glad and happy if you all would follow me there.

Sabine
Love your new torts and love their enclosure.

N

no one

Thank you ! :)
No, no names until now. I was too busy to decide to buy them or not because it was a lot money....
I think I have to see them and hold them in my hands before I can decide how to name them. Wow.... it is like getting a real baby ....
Yes, I am crazy and I know it:D

If that's crazy, I wish I could be crazy!! Lol