Only one step away from 2 Aldabra tortoise babies ....

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
Which babies should I choose ? The smallest ones or the two bigger ones with the red color spot on the shell ?
IMG_2193.JPG

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I promise you will get a lot of pics !:)
Btw: I have names for my tortoises !:D It is a little surprise.
I will tell you the names when I get the babies.:tort::<3:
How exciting for you. Be sure to give a nice warm soak when they arrive. Have you picked your two? If they are all the same age then I would pick two medium sized ones. If some are younger, then I would pick two of the younger ones. Less time of them being raised wrong if they don't raise/house, etc them very well. Just my 2 cents.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I promise you will get a lot of pics !:)
Btw: I have names for my tortoises !:D It is a little surprise.
I will tell you the names when I get the babies.:tort::<3:

Sabine!!!! That is teasing!!!! But I suppose you might not want to tell yet Incase you need to make a quick change after meeting:))) [emoji847]

Bee62

Germany
How exciting for you. Be sure to give a nice warm soak when they arrive. Have you picked your two? If they are all the same age then I would pick two medium sized ones. If some are younger, then I would pick two of the younger ones. Less time of them being raised wrong if they don't raise/house, etc them very well. Just my 2 cents.
Yes, I am looking forward to give them a nice warm soak when they arrive.:):tort::<3:
The seller send me some pics but the tortoises look all healthy and well grown to me. I can`t see much differences between them.
I`ve choosen the ones on the pics .:)

IMG_2336.JPG

IMG_2337.JPG

IMG_2338.JPG

Bee62

Germany
Sabine!!!! That is teasing!!!! But I suppose you might not want to tell yet Incase you need to make a quick change after meeting:))) [emoji847]
I know that is mean, but it is tomorrow when they arrive ( I hope ).:D You don`t have to wait long.
I think I am pretty sure I`ve choosen fitting and nice names for them.:)
More teasing ......:D

Bee62

Germany
thumbnail.jpeg
Wow....best of luck with them! We are all wishing you the best!
Thank you and all the others here very much.
The babies are on their way..... Here is a pic the seller send me. I answered him that I only see styrofoam... ( it was a joke ).
They are hopefully safe and warm underneath.:) I am pretty sure they are ....
It is so exciting. I think I cannot sleep much next night. A dream is coming to reality.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Hello friends.
I am very excited. I`ve been searching for young Aldabra tortoises for a year in the past and now I found a seller in Germany who imports them from the Seychelles.
He gets a group of 4 month old babies this week. I am in contact with him. He will send me pictures of the babies as soon as he gets them.
I only have to pay and my dream will come true....
My heart is saying: Yes ! Do it ! Fulfill your dream.
Some little devil in me says: You are crazy ! Don`t do it....
What would you say ?
I am pretty sure I will follow what my my heart says, but I would love to hear your opinions.
What would you do ?
Thank you so much.

Sabine
I would always say follow your heart and dreams. I am so very very happy for you Sabine. And very excited for you too as i know how you have wanted them for so long. @Kristoff here is Sabine's post re her new dream torts.

Kristoff

5 Year Member
Ottawa, Ontario
I would always say follow your heart and dreams. I am so very very happy for you Sabine. And very excited for you too as i know how you have wanted them for so long. @Kristoff here is Sabine's post re her new dream torts.

Thank you, Carol! The best kept secret of the CDR! :D
Congratulations, Sabine! Looking forward to the pictures tomorrow! :)

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 250600
Thank you and all the others here very much.
The babies are on their way..... Here is a pic the seller send me. I answered him that I only see styrofoam... ( it was a joke ).
They are hopefully safe and warm underneath.:) I am pretty sure they are ....
It is so exciting. I think I cannot sleep much next night. A dream is coming to reality.:rolleyes:
Good luck on the wait. Holding thumbs for you.

Bee62

Germany
Thank you very much Carol for your kind words. :)
Only 12 hours until they should arrive.:tort::tort::<3: