Online captive bred sales

TaylorTortoise

Location (City and/or State)
Abington
Is tortoise town a reputable website for buying tortoises?

also, what would be the maintenance of taking care of a baby tortoise versus an adult? With enclosure care, food, lighting, etc.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm pretty sure this dealer has been reviewed in our vendor review section.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

also, what would be the maintenance of taking care of a baby tortoise versus an adult? With enclosure care, food, lighting, etc.
NO, tortoise town is not a reputable vendor. I'd would avoid them at all costs. The care for a Hatchling will vary depending on the species you choose.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
We have lots of good breeders right here on the forum.

NandoC68

Auburn

A baby tortoise requires more care then an adult not saying that tortoise's of any age don't require care the newborns require much more you should read all you can on the type of tort you wanna get before buying it and ask as many questions as you need I'm kind of a newbie to to torts that is I've had many different types of reptiles the closest animal I've had to a tort till now was box turtles which are very similar to torts and your question about tortoise town I can't answer I never ordered from them I almost did look up Arizona Tortoise Compound Andy is very helpful and has lots of torts I just purchased a Cherry Head and a Red foot from him very beautiful when I got them and gave them a soak they ate right away

GBtortoises

10 Year Member!
The Catskill Mountains of New York State
There is very little difference in care requirement between a baby tortoise or an adult tortoise. They have the same basic requirements. The major difference between the two is body mass. Because babies have a much smaller body mass than an adult they can succumb quicker to dehydration. Dehydration in captivity is usually a result of keeping babies (even adults) much too hot and too dry. Because of that babies should not be kept as hot as adults, primarily the basking light temperatures. They should also be kept on a substrate that does not dry out easily as well as having drinking water available at all times. All of this is very easy to provide, it just takes a bit closer monitoring and habitat adjusting as needed. That's not to say that adults should be kept hot and dry either. They also need to be kept well hydrated to remain healthy. Some of the requirements necessary for both will depend upon the species that you choose. That's something that may need to be decided first to determine what requirements your species is going to need to remain healthy and active under your care. Tropical tortoises have different environmental requirements than do arid species than do temperate species.