One year of growth, comparison pics.

willee638

Location (City and/or State)
HK
"Large Marge" hatched December 24th of last year. Her first weigh in was at 32g's. Today she weighs 342g's.

December 2018View attachment 283605 View attachment 283606 View attachment 283607 December 2019View attachment 283609 View attachment 283610 View attachment 283611
Nice progress pics, my red foot is 97g at present weight. She was 91g a few days ago & when I first brought her home about a month previously was also 97g, if your new hatchling only weigh 32g how old would a 97g tortoise be at the time of purchase?

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Nice progress pics, my red foot is 97g at present weight. She was 91g a few days ago & when I first brought her home about a month previously was also 97g, if your new hatchling only weigh 32g how old would a 97g tortoise be at the time of purchase?
They all grow at different rates. Mine has gained 20-30 grams a month. I would guess yours is about 3-4 months.

willee638

HK
They all grow at different rates. Mine has gained 20-30 grams a month. I would guess yours is about 3-4 months.
Thanks, at the pet shop at the time of purchasing my red foot she was only with another red foot which was much larger my guess would be 2.5 times her weight if so probably over 5 months old. Even at 97g she was still larger than the cherry heads hatchlings in the next enclosure, According to a few experienced forum members a red foot should consume a much larger quantities of foods than mine which hardly eats much & I feed her different assorted fruits, greens & pet tortoise foods. I keep a UVA+UVB full spectrum bulb & an incandescent bulb for adequate heat of 26-28 degrees Celsius of day temperature for feeding & basking...

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
I wish mine would grow as big & fast & as healthy too, we as pet lovers love to see them thrive & happy.
You will. As long as your humidity and temps are ok. They're eating machines and if you provide the right conditions they grow pretty rapidly.