One of the girls

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
So this not so young lady came out of her hide as soon as activity was noted, squash blossoms from the local farmer's market. They are $5/pound and with my level of use last about one week, Another 'can't get enough' favorite are fresh mulberry leaves, about 20 a day this time of year.

All that white sean along the scute margins, well that's my signal diet is going well, it's new growth on an old girl. They all just got moved up to larger quarters, so intro to males will fallow in about a month.

Indotestudo forstenii if you didn't already know. No eggs yet.2014-06-03 19.36.25.jpg

Flipper

MO, USA
She's a cutie :<3: How old is your lady tort?

Would you mind sharing a pic of your enclosure? I'm trying to get ideas for when I enlarge Tallula's home :D

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Awesome Will. For sure a great sign. Growth on an old one. Squash leaves have power. Ha

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
Well, I have a strategy for wild caught imports. Smallish enclosure with every need within eye's view. They can't ask where is the ... you know. And searching in a panic is no help either. They all got acclimated in MacCourt plastic tubs with a 2 x 3 foot print and a 10 gallon rubbermaid hide.

Now they all have much larger quarters about, three by five. Ben, and others, have strongly commented on how hostile these are to each other, so all get separate enclosures. They seem to relish solitude more than other species I've had. In about a month or so, now that they have all had an enclosure size increase (got to learn where everything is all over again), I'll start filling the girls dance cards with different males, who have been away for awhile now.

I see a another bunch have come in to some dealer in FLA, if these are a species you are thinking about, it might be a good time to jump in. If Eric Ivins has some, he has good customer service, that might be a good choice.