One of the dumbest things I've ever done

Jay Bagley

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
So I took my dog chase to the dog park. It's a pretty nice park, large fenced-in area where the dogs can all run free off leash. There are also some trails where they can run leash-free. We had gotten some rain recently, and found out my dog absolutely loves wallowing in the mud. The pictures are from inside my truck from my dog on the way home. So when we got home, I ran him a bath. He was so muddy I just threw him in, leash and all. At some point I took his leash off and sat it up on the edge of the tub. At some juncture it must have fallen into the water, the water was so black I did not see it. I pulled the rubber drain plug and drained the tub. Not knowing the leash had fallen back into the tub, the entire 8 foot leash went down my drain without me knowing it. No issues yet, and hoping a call to a plumber is not in my distant future.20180623_182634.jpeg20180623_182706.jpeg

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Yikes gluck! I took my dog to the dog park for the first 2 years of his life no issues. Till one day I went there with him and out of the blue he decided he was going to murder every other dog in site o_O. No more dog park

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
So I took my dog chase to the dog park. It's a pretty nice park, large fenced-in area where the dogs can all run free off leash. There are also some trails where they can run leash-free. We had gotten some rain recently, and found out my dog absolutely loves wallowing in the mud. The pictures are from inside my truck from my dog on the way home. So when we got home, I ran him a bath. He was so muddy I just threw him in, leash and all. At some point I took his leash off and sat it up on the edge of the tub. At some juncture it must have fallen into the water, the water was so black I did not see it. I pulled the rubber drain plug and drained the tub. Not knowing the leash had fallen back into the tub, the entire 8 foot leash went down my drain without me knowing it. No issues yet, and hoping a call to a plumber is not in my distant future.View attachment 243056View attachment 243057
Oopsie.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Hmmm, do you think the leash could have gotten caught in the trap? Have you "gone fishin'" with a coat hanger?
I'm hoping so. I've been super busy today, I'm going to dig into everything tomorrow after I wake up from work. I still can't believe that happened, I feel like such a butthead.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
So I took my dog chase to the dog park. It's a pretty nice park, large fenced-in area where the dogs can all run free off leash. There are also some trails where they can run leash-free. We had gotten some rain recently, and found out my dog absolutely loves wallowing in the mud. The pictures are from inside my truck from my dog on the way home. So when we got home, I ran him a bath. He was so muddy I just threw him in, leash and all. At some point I took his leash off and sat it up on the edge of the tub. At some juncture it must have fallen into the water, the water was so black I did not see it. I pulled the rubber drain plug and drained the tub. Not knowing the leash had fallen back into the tub, the entire 8 foot leash went down my drain without me knowing it. No issues yet, and hoping a call to a plumber is not in my distant future.View attachment 243056View attachment 243057
Rough day!!!

alexa0ne

Canada
Oh oh, that car badly needed a car wash, it is a complete mess I must say. I guess it is better to have a dog cage in the back seat to avoid these circumstances. I guess your dog surely had a lot of fun at the park.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
My labs cremation box says mud hippo.....I feel you lol.
Awww, I think that's really sweet you had that put on there. It's fun to watch him have so much fun playing in the mud. The only drawback for me at least, my truck looked like I drove 70 mph into a Hershey syrup Factory with my windows down.[emoji33]

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Yikes gluck! I took my dog to the dog park for the first 2 years of his life no issues. Till one day I went there with him and out of the blue he decided he was going to murder every other dog in site o_O. No more dog park

Boy dogs are certainly inclined to realize what they are "packing" and pull them up and go into battle....lol.....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

I tried not to post this buuuuutttt....I think you will want to have the plumbers number handy :) are you on city sewer or septic tank?

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I tried not to post this buuuuutttt....I think you will want to have the plumbers number handy :) are you on city sewer or septic tank?
Hahah, yeah it's got me a little worried. I'm on city sewer. That water was just so black, I wish I would have realized it fell in. Best part was listening to my daughter, dad you put what down the drain?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hahah, yeah it's got me a little worried. I'm on city sewer. That water was just so black, I wish I would have realized it fell in. Best part was listening to my daughter, dad you put what down the drain?

Well, perhaps it went on down...I mean, with city sewer--snakes can come up into the house via the toilet so I would think a helpless leash may well have slinked on into the sewer.....good chance...