OMG 2 new Russians

bolim04

Hello

I got 2 russians yesterday from a family. Thentortoies were from her mother who died. Thay couldn't kee p them.

Look at the picture of one, the other one is the same but extremly shy and i can't help here at the moment, because she retracts everything.

Any advice?

This one i took care of her an she is now as normal as she can get. But i have to do this every year now.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492023448.513309.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1492023492.597017.jpg

Pearly

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Central Texas, Austin area
Congratulations! Just keep them separate. Each one in their own enclosure. That's probably why that one is being so shy, he's scared to death. And... Lordy!!!! You'll have some filling and trimming to do on those guys! Referring to beak and nails, but no big deal, that should be easy, let them get settled in first. Put the one that's so scared in safe dark warm place and let her be. Put water and food outside her hide. They both may need a nice long soak too

bolim04

Congratulations! Just keep them separate. Each one in their own enclosure. That's probably why that one is being so shy, he's scared to death. And... Lordy!!!! You'll have some filling and trimming to do on those guys! Referring to beak and nails, but no big deal, that should be easy, let them get settled in first. Put the one that's so scared in safe dark warm place and let her be. Put water and food outside her hide. They both may need a nice long soak too

Thank you it helped. I set them now together and it is ok. Both are eating. No salad!!! Took some time. ( were fed only on salad for 15 years!!!)

They are alive now and the shyness is gone. I think they now will appreciate their new live and enclosure.