OLD FL. Herpers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tennessee
Anyone know any of these.. how about cdmay in his 20's? #17

http://www.corn-utopia.com/Corn Uto...t & Present/Commercial Herpers of Florida.htm

36_12_6.gif

Terry K

BTW.. I was in my 30's in the later 70's

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Why Carl.....what a hunk!

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
I've seen that before Terry....yep...Carl looks ripped!! Look at Tom Crutchfield (#12) He's the one I got Pio from.

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Dude you were HOT! Wow what a body. Didn't picture you to be that tall. Best looking guy on the page. Wow I'm afraid I'm going to have to go look at that picture again. :D :p

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
CARL YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE I DID NOT START THIS THIS "SENSATIONALIZE" YOUR YOUTH!

Terry K

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
I was going to ignore this thread entirely but that old redneck photo from when I was 19 keeps haunting me.
So I decided to just end my anxiety and post some photos of what I really look like and some of what I do. So here it is. This is Barb and I at the Expo in Daytona....

BarbwithTattooPete.jpg

OK, that is a lie. The following is what I look like.
This was taken in the Keys while hunting Phelsuma geckos last year. You can see one of the little buggers in my hand...

DSC01696.jpg

This is fishing off Palm Beach and with a nice cobia....

DSC02136.jpg

Standing on my street corner during the eye of Hurricane Katrina after having been awake doing storm prep for two days. The real damage came on the backside of the storm...

Duringeye.jpg

This was taken down on Summerland Key while doing some research on the endangered Key Mud Turtle. I had just been drenched by a passing thunderstorm...

mewaitingforKbaurii.jpg

This was taken while at one of the Expos in Daytona. The booth is my good friend Eric Holt's of Empireoftheturtle.com. Eric is in the red shirt and I am wearing the blue denim shirt with the rolled up sleeves...

DSC01425.jpg

Last photo. With famous German turtle guy Bernd Wolff...

DSC01436.jpg

No laughing OK?

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
terryo said:
OK Nerd...let's see one of you.....in your "youth".

Terry I'll look and see if I can find one. Remember that was before light bulbs and color FILM.

NERD

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
cdmay said:
I was going to ignore this thread entirely but that old redneck photo from when I was 19 keeps haunting me.
So I decided to just end my anxiety and post some photos of what I really look like and some of what I do. So here it is. This is Barb and I at the Expo in Daytona....

BarbwithTattooPete.jpg

OK, that is a lie. The following is what I look like.
This was taken in the Keys while hunting Phelsuma geckos last year. You can see one of the little buggers in my hand...

DSC01696.jpg

This is fishing off Palm Beach and with a nice cobia....

DSC02136.jpg

Standing on my street corner during the eye of Hurricane Katrina after having been awake doing storm prep for two days. The real damage came on the backside of the storm...

Duringeye.jpg

This was taken down on Summerland Key while doing some research on the endangered Key Mud Turtle. I had just been drenched by a passing thunderstorm...

mewaitingforKbaurii.jpg

This was taken while at one of the Expos in Daytona. The booth is my good friend Eric Holt's of Empireoftheturtle.com. Eric is in the red shirt and I am wearing the blue denim shirt with the rolled up sleeves...

DSC01425.jpg

Last photo. With famous German turtle guy Bernd Wolff...

DSC01436.jpg

No laughing OK?

And Carl you don't think you're not still a redneck???
BOWDOWN-1.gif

Terry K

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
OMG!!!! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw that big pot belly with the tortoise tattoo on it!!! I couldn't believe you let yourself go like that!! SO FUNNY!!!

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
You asked for it TerryO............

Sometime in 1969 at 23 yrs old...

a1969.jpg

With SONshine in 2005..

SONSHINESAYSHI.jpg

And my 62nd birthday ( Dec. 18th ).. I have to wear a hat to keep my skull-bone from freezing..

1myfavorite.jpg

Wasn't the original idea here.. to see if anyone recognized or had heard of any of these "now" older herpers from FL???

Terry K

t_mclellan

10 Year Member!
Gilchrist Co., Florida
OK Terry!
I recognize most of them & know or knew most of those that I recognize.
There are some true legends on that page!
Many are still friends to this day & the others will never be forgotten.
In my opinion Art Bass (#5) was the most colorful in his day!
He was a great friend & I will never forget the time I spent talking & collecting with him.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Got my first torts from Bob Sands.. sulcatas.. leopards and the redfoot hatchlings that are now my Colombian breeders- #26

Got my first Euro torts.. Russians and Greeks from Joe Fauci- #15

Terry K

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
O.K. Carl that was not funny. Do not scare people like that. I didn't know what I was going to post after seeing that picture. Well after seeing your real pictures might I say that your still a hottie and after talking with you on this forum and communicating with you through some PM's (when I needed help with Dale or Ruby), I feel that your wife is an extremely lucky woman. Not only are you a nice looking man, but I consider you an equally nice person. It's nice to see who we're talking to. I'm glad that you posted those. O.K. for me you could have left the fish one out. :p :D

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
Terry, I hate to say this but you made a big mistake in that photo with Sonshine...you let her steal the scene! :p

My attention was instantly drawn to the tortoise over the human...OMG, is it that contagious?!?! :rolleyes:

cdmay

10 Year Member!
Somewhere in Florida
t_mclellan said:
OK Terry!
I recognize most of them & know or knew most of those that I recognize.
There are some true legends on that page!
Many are still friends to this day & the others will never be forgotten.

Tom,
Yep same here. There are some great guys on that page as well as some certifiable nut jobs--most of whom were also great guys.
My Uncle Monte did some work for Old Man Chase in Miami during the 1950s and 60s...boy did he have some crazy stories! Like the one where my Aunt Betsy's new station wagon got trashed when Uncle Monte transported a bunch of penguins from MIA to the Crandon Park Zoo for Bill Chase.
Louis Porras and Ralph Curtis had the most class and I still make it a point to have a beer (or more) with Ralph every year at the All Florida Herp Conference.
Bill and Kathy Love, Ron Dupont and others I have known since I was around 13 years old and Bill and I are still pretty good friends. Ron Dupont and Art Meyer were the best field collectors although Art Bass was also superb and could find pretty much anything at will.
The only omission from that gallery is **** Bartlett and that is only because he and Bill Love...um, don't like each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.