Okay to come out now?

Booker's Sue

Location (City and/or State)
SF East Bay
Booker seems to really want to come out of his winter digs in my tack room and get out into his separate pasture area, which is a ways away from the barn. We are in the SF East Bay. The weather this week is in the 80's daytime and 50s overnight. Do you think it's okay to bring him out now? Thanks.

61926F51-13AA-4340-B7F8-9F09779ECD11.jpeg

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Does Booker have a night box with heat?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
He looks pretty big...he 'should' have a heated place to sleep...but my larger Sulcata go out in the snow...how big is he? Is there power to that shed?

Booker's Sue

SF East Bay
He looks pretty big...he 'should' have a heated place to sleep...but my larger Sulcata go out in the snow...how big is he? Is there power to that shed?

Hmm ... He’s around 80 lb. Yours goes out in the snow!?!?!?! Booker has a heated “pig blanket” in his winter digs but not in his outdoors shed. No power there. Maybe I could find a way to rig an extension cord to it and bring his pig blanket out there. Of course it would have to be done so that it would not be hazardous to him. I’ll try to show his outdoor shed below.
4C27C487-15A9-4EF3-9911-EB7BEB88B48B.jpeg8CDC80B0-964D-455E-9F9E-D56344D38737.jpeg

Booker's Sue

SF East Bay
Hmm ... He’s around 80 lb. Yours goes out in the snow!?!?!?! Booker has a heated “pig blanket” in his winter digs but not in his outdoors shed. No power there. Maybe I could find a way to rig an extension cord to it and bring his pig blanket out there. Of course it would have to be done so that it would not be hazardous to him. I’ll try to show his outdoor shed below.
View attachment 292229View attachment 292230

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
Yes, the pig blanket would be good. I have a lane heat mat for dexter and a ceramic heat emitter set in a thermostat to 70-75. It keeps him plenty warm. Your temperatures are not too cold at night.