Ok I need some help with my turtle

Bountyboy

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia PA
IMG_20190717_193849.jpgIMG_20190717_194046.jpg IMG_20190717_193437.jpg I purchased red from a pet store in Delaware they didn't know or tell me what red is they just said what he eats can anyone tell me what kind of turtle he is I've been asking and no one has helped me so this is my last attempt

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
A 3 toed box ok can you give me a little more about him is he a he
We're are they from is there a certain name or just 3 toed sorry for asking so many questions

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
They're native to Southern-Central United States. The scientific name is "Terrapene carolina triunguis". You would need a clear picture from the underside of the tail extended for someone to be able to sex it.

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
Sorry for getting back to you guys so late. I've been doing some research on the turtles last night. And I've found out alot of good information on them. I even beng watched alot of videos. I don't know why, I took so long to do this. I'm ready to take my back lashing for the ignorance on my behalf.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No back lashing required. We all were where you are at one time or another. No one is born knowing.

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
Thank you Yvonne G, I just feel bad for not doing this a lot sooner. Being a part of this group has taught me a lot. I'm one that doesn't log out this website stays on my phone all day everyday I look at it sometimes when I'm at work. I'm still trying to learn how to navigate the page.

Bountyboy

Philadelphia PA
Thank you! Yvonne G, I just feel bad for not doing this a lot sooner. Since I've been here I have learned so much. This group is the best. It would be awesome if the moderates on here would do little videos on some of the questions pics are good but videos are better.

ColleenT

Lehigh Valley Pa
For feeding advice, use the link in my signature. i have 4 three toeds. They have great personalities.