Ok how do I feed these to my RT???? (cactus)

Anthony32

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1420493132.600447.jpgokay just got these in the mail today they don't have any Prickley's on him but I don't know if I need to do anything besides wash them cut them up and feed to Tedo my Russian tortoise?????

leigti

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
southeast Washington
If it is an adult Russian you can just put one of them in the enclosure. how big are they? you don't necessarily have to cut it up. I think you can just put one of them in some dirt and it will start growing.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
It will grow if planted. I feed a whole pad to my large leopards and cut it up in small pieces for my baby leopards.

Anthony32

I have had him for almost a year I don't know how old he is he was a rescue his shell is about 5 inches if that helps

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
Sounds like an adult. I cut mine into slices. Takes her a while to eat a whole one.

leigti

5 Year Member
southeast Washington
If there are no spines then you don't have to worry about the bumps. You don't have to cut it up in slices, but you can.they can terret apart pretty easily. How big are the pads? 3 inches 12 inches?

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
You can put it wherever you want. Just hold it if you want to. Almost guaranteed he is going to be very excited to devour it no matter how you serve it. I ofen cut long slices and hand feed cause it is fun. Or just throw it in there.