Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

byles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
I relocated to Ohio about a year ago from Tennessee, and was woundering if there are any members on this site also living here that could share some local info with me, good places to buy supplies, best reptile events, rescues ect.

thanks to all

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I live in Ohio. I'm not sure what part of the state you are in. I'm in the Cleveland suburbs...northeast Ohio.

byles01

5 Year Member
Ohio
lisa127 said:
I live in Ohio. I'm not sure what part of the state you are in. I'm in the Cleveland suburbs...northeast Ohio.
i live just a little outside of mansfield, south of you!! not really far at all

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I'm as far north as you can get. Everything is south of me!....LOL

I'll tell you the Cleveland reptile show is not all that impressive. Lots of corn snakes, leopard geckos, crested geckos, some beardies. The Columbus show I haven't been to in I'd say at least 5 years unfortunately, but it's better than the Cleveland show if it's still the same.

There is one reptile rescue I know of but I can't think of the name at the moment. When I do I'll post it.

NOAH is our local herp society. Go to NOAHonline.info

Anything else you need to know, just let me know!

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
I live a little bit away from Akron/canton.. Not far from either of you. I'm new to tort keeping, have my first Russian.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
I just remembered....Arrowhead Reptile Rescue. I think they are in Cincinnati though.

rltwaddle, not far from me at all.

byles01

5 Year Member
Ohio
lisa127 said:
I just remembered....Arrowhead Reptile Rescue. I think they are in Cincinnati though.

ive been to the columbus one a few times , and providing i can get the day off i will be there on the 19th, not a bad show really, its a little small but lots of good deals and plenty of torts usually.

byles01 said:
lisa127 said:

ive been to the columbus one a few times , and providing i can get the day off i will be there on the 19th, not a bad show really, its a little small but lots of good deals and plenty of torts usually.

and its great to hear from both of you, nice to know im not alone here in this boring place lol,

rltwaddle how old is your russian?

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Yeah, the Cleveland one has no tortoises or turtles to really speak of. The Cleveland one is also smaller than the Columbus one. I really need to get to another. I've never been to any but those two.

byles01

5 Year Member
Ohio
lisa127 said:
Yeah, the Cleveland one has no tortoises or turtles to really speak of. The Cleveland one is also smaller than the Columbus one. I really need to get to another. I've never been to any but those two.

they have the columbus show once a month and its like 4 bucks admission, held at the moose lodge, google is best for directions, its worth it i think. are there any good shops up your way besides the normal petco type stores? i have been trying to locate some exotic type shops but theres really little info listed online that im able to find.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
No, not really. There is one about 7 miles from my house that I checked out once a while back and it was horrible. There was one other one but I'm not sure if it's still around. I'll have to ask my husband. I thought i remember that they moved, but not far. If they stayed open after that, I have no idea.

There is a privately owned shop by me that specializes in birds, reptiles, and small animals. Most everything is either bred by them or bought from private breeders. She never has a huge selection, but the animals are healthy enough that I stop in once in a while to see what she has. Since she mainly focuses on baby birds, her reptile section usually only has about 10 animals at a time at most. Probably less.

rltwaddle

5 Year Member
My Russian tort is between 5-10 years old. He's 4-5 inches, wild caught male.

jacquiroell

5 Year Member
I'm down here in Cincinnati. I haven't found any great stores for torts. Mostly it's fish and lizards. I have a 5yr old Russian

kurmaraja12

5 Year Member
Belleville, IL
I'm moving to Columbus in two weeks! I think the first thing I will do is take my little guy/gal to the vet. Anyone know of a good one?

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
I've been going to Parma Pets in NE Ohio for the past 20yrs or so. It's nothing like it was back in the 80's and 90's but he still gets a fair share amount of exotics in.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
harris said:
I've been going to Parma Pets in NE Ohio for the past 20yrs or so. It's nothing like it was back in the 80's and 90's but he still gets a fair share amount of exotics in.

I've been there a couple of times. I was never there in the 80's or 90's. I think the couple of times I was there may have been 8 or so years ago.

Do you live in that area?

Cherbear

5 Year Member
Ohio
I'm east of Columbus. Been to the All Ohio Reptile Show many times. Mostly snakes, but I have bought a tort or two there.:)

Watsonpartyof4

5 Year Member
I am half way between Cleveland and Cedar Point! There is a great pet store in Elyria called Best in Pets. The guy who owns it specializes in turtles. They were way more informative than the pet store we got our Redfoot from... I wish I had known about him first.

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
I own a small farm in Ohio. Lease it out, they grow corn on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.