OFF ITS FOOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zak2442

HI EVERYONE.
IM KEITH,I LIVE IN THE UK AND HAVE A HERMON TORTOISE NAMED CHARLIE,HAVE HAD HIM ABOUT 9 MONTHS AND HE WAS ABOUT A YEAR OLD WHEN WE BOUGHT HIM,OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS HE SEEMS TO HAVE GONE OFF HIS FOOD,SOME DAYS HE WILL EAT A LITTLE OTHER DAYS HE JUST WONT BOTHER EATING AT ALL.
I TRY TO VARY HIS FOOD WITH ROCKET LETTUCE AND WATERCRESS AND A LITTLE FRUIT NOW AND THEN AS A TREAT,HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO ANY IDEAS YOU COULD LET ME KNOW OF.
CHEERS.
KEITH.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
zak2442 said:
HI EVERYONE.
IM KEITH,I LIVE IN THE UK AND HAVE A HERMON TORTOISE NAMED CHARLIE,HAVE HAD HIM ABOUT 9 MONTHS AND HE WAS ABOUT A YEAR OLD WHEN WE BOUGHT HIM,OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF WEEKS HE SEEMS TO HAVE GONE OFF HIS FOOD,SOME DAYS HE WILL EAT A LITTLE OTHER DAYS HE JUST WONT BOTHER EATING AT ALL.
I TRY TO VARY HIS FOOD WITH ROCKET LETTUCE AND WATERCRESS AND A LITTLE FRUIT NOW AND THEN AS A TREAT,HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO ANY IDEAS YOU COULD LET ME KNOW OF.
CHEERS.
KEITH.

Hi Keith and Charlie, welcome to TFo.
I have Greeks and it is their hibernation time so they are off regarding eating a little. Where do you keep him and what temps do you have him at? I do a weight on my little torts weekly and adults monthly this gives you a better idea than just watching how much they do or do not eat. You might try to vary his diet more - I am in the USA what is Rocket lettuce?

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
welcome!

did he suddenly or just gradually go off his food?
it could just be his brumation/hibernation time or it could be a parasite effecting his appetite.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Hi! Nice to have you here. Seems you have already been told about the two most common things hibernation (heat and lighting) and parasites, so I'll just sit back and wait for more information to be posted....would you like to take a seat and make yourself comfy while we get to know you?

Status
Not open for further replies.