# of days to feed tortoises

Melissa0617

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada
Hi everyone I am a custodian of two female Gopherus agassizii and I was wondering if anyone can guide me on feeding amount of days. So I started feeding them twice a day but 1/2 the amount of there shell Twice a day to equal their entire shell but 7 days a week. I was reading that I should only feed 5 days a week and two days fasting? I’ve had them for about a month now and they are very healthy and happy. They come out every morning and evening to eat from their burrow. I just wanted to make sure I’m doing the right thing. They do live out doors in a safe secure habitat and have plenty of space to explore. Thank you for any advice.

Attachments

• 82E72AD9-CC8D-4E0E-ACD7-0AFB8137EF92.jpeg
    82E72AD9-CC8D-4E0E-ACD7-0AFB8137EF92.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
Spring Hill Florida
Hi everyone I am a custodian of two female Gopherus agassizii and I was wondering if anyone can guide me on feeding amount of days. So I started feeding them twice a day but 1/2 the amount of there shell Twice a day to equal their entire shell but 7 days a week. I was reading that I should only feed 5 days a week and two days fasting? I’ve had them for about a month now and they are very healthy and happy. They come out every morning and evening to eat from their burrow. I just wanted to make sure I’m doing the right thing. They do live out doors in a safe secure habitat and have plenty of space to explore. Thank you for any advice.
2 days of fasting is outdated incorrect information your doing things right.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Once a day, 7/365

A tortoise doesn't wake up in the morning and wonder if today should be a fasting day.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tortoises are grazers. They should be fed as much of the right foods as they want daily.

Here is some care info for them:

AgataP

Seattle, WA
Once a day, 7/365

A tortoise doesn't wake up in the morning and wonder if today should be a fasting day.

I turned on the lamp today and as soon little Tort opens his eyes he runs to his rock plate filled with all the outside treats. It is cute to watch him being undecided if he is done or should eat more. So he runs a circle and grabs another bite. ??
2359270B-3378-42DD-9EB7-3D7A416FA69C.jpeg