Odd springtail behavior??

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
ok, probably a weird question, but i have springtails in my enclosure and I've heard thats a good thing since they help to clean, so I have left them in there since they don't bother anything, but the last 2 days my lights have come on I've seen smaller groups of them in his water kind of floating around on top... only at that time though.
I forgot to swap a pic before I dumped the water...

All my temps and humidity levels are where they should be, but i did just change the habitat up last Thursday because I got a rhp. Still seems weird.... what do you guys think?

L

LasTortugasNinja

My monitor lizard has TONS of springtails, and there are always a “drowning” population even though the enclosure is very humid. They are just stupid. Lol

i even give them the water crystals, but some prefer to drown. Don’t worry, they breed prolifically.

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
My monitor lizard has TONS of springtails, and there are always a “drowning” population even though the enclosure is very humid. They are just stupid. Lol

i even give them the water crystals, but some prefer to drown. Don’t worry, they breed prolifically.
Ok lol?. Yea there is definitely a healthy population, I've just never had them do that before so it was an eyebrow raising moment lol