Novalee is growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WI
Like a WEED! I can't belive the new growth on her! And its perfect new growth I might add ;). My humid side seems to be doing the trick!

Here's an old picture of her (mind you, it was taken 09/02/09 on her second day home)
babytortdaytwo020.jpg

And here she is today! After exactly 35 days--LOOK at all that growth! You can really see it, when you look just above her nuchal scute!
prettylittlenovalee023.jpg

Some more pics because she finally lets me snap pictures while she eats! :D
Also, just thought I'd mention that I don't believe in cutting up greens. I didn't with Anouk, and I'm not with Novalee. She eats like she would in the wild--bite by bite. I think it keeps their mouths/beaks in good shape. She hasn't had any problems, and she was like, a month old when I got her, so I'm happy. (these next pics are all in the order they were taken, as well)
prettylittlenovalee015.jpg

prettylittlenovalee019.jpg

prettylittlenovalee020.jpg

Tongue shot!
prettylittlenovalee011.jpg

WOOOOOOOOO! Isn't she the cutest? She's doing really great. Active, healthy---hungry! Which I'm thrilled with. I was a bit scared of her at first--she was so tiny I didn't want to break her. She's 2 months and 12 days old in the pictures.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Meg, Novalee is a beautiful little baby :D and she is growing perfectly! You are doing an amazing job :D

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
congrats on your success! You can clearly see the knew growth on her carapace! &Great shots. What kind of camera do you use?

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Thanks for the compliments! I use a Kodak EasyShare M1063 (10.3 mega pixels) set on "closeup" I'm actually hoping to upgrade soon. :)

Sudhira

5 Year Member
Wow, how thrilling as well as encouraging. I have raised and cared for many creatures in my time, but an itty bitty torts scurs me! Congrats!!

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
USA
She looks great Meg :D and she has grown loads :cool: Your doing a great job with her. :)

Danny

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It sounds like someone is a proud and happy mama!

Yvonne

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Meg, she has grown a lot. Beautiful baby you have there. :)

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
I like the way Novalee seems to be using one of her dinner items as an umbrella. :)

She's very photogenic---might even give Monsieur Stagger Lee some "calendar competition"!

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I was wondering if anyone would notice that! I thought it was funny, but she seemed to not mind the cam at all, because she was "hidden" under a piece of lettuce! lol

I still haven't picked a photo for the calendar yet. :( Can't find one I want to submit.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
AWWWWWW ! Meg, Nova is just so BEAUTIFUL !!! What a Greek face she has, such a pretty little girl. And really and truly, you are doing an awesome job !!!!!!! My FAVE pic is of her "hidden" under the piece of lettuce, so precious !!!! I'm same as you - dying to submit a pic, but can't choose one. May just have to have a photo-shoot with T on the wknd !

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Meg, congrats on the great job you are doing with Novalee. She is beautiful as are the pics. All are worthy of the calander contest. Keep up the great work proud mama. :)

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
I just can't believe how big she's getting. I mean, I have been peering at her everyday, checking for growth, but it wasn't till I compared the pictures, that I saw any! Her shell is so light, its hard to tell! She's such a pretty baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.