Not very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SE Michigan
So I ordered the Forage Mix from Turtlestuff.com This was on July 24th. I then got an e-mail saying the post office recieved the electronic shipping # on the 29th.

The shipping I chose was 1-3 day shipping. Well I still havn't gotten them. Here's the kicker, it's now been 9 days (not including sunday)

I called USPS and was told a couple of possibilities

1. They trully havn't shipped it.
2. They accidentally shipped it to Apple Valley Minnesota instead of Apple Valley, CA, to start the shipment. This I don't buy because they are located IN apple valley, CA!
**Note this is not where I live, i'm in Michigan. But the lady said they probably brought it directly to the shipping place and not the USPS office in Apple Valley, CA. Which is where she thinks they may have screwed up on the wrong place.

3. I was told IF it was mailed to the wrong place, they should still be scanning it in all the places it's traveled. The last update I've gotten was the electronic shipping info was recieved.

I've ordered 2 other things (after ordering seeds) on Monday this week and have already recieved them. This was not with them though.

So if I don't get the seeds tomorrow, i'll be forced to cancel through Paypal and file for fraud in my dispute there. I trully don't think they actually shipped them. Two different post office workers said it seemed kinda sketchy and weird to them too.

Mind you, I e-mailed them a month before and never answered. Then I e-mailed them after 5 days had passed and no tracking # for shipment saying basically either let me know what's going on or I'll have to cancel. The same day I get these e-mails saying their network has been down. What a coincidence huh? Their network comes up right as I send them an e-mail of displeasure. Robyn still hasn't gotten an e-mail yet either.

So in total, after I payed. It has been over 2 weeks and no communication, or seeds, nothing.

So now I go with carolinasupply. I should get the "Grazing Tortoise Mix" correct for my Leopard? Has anyone ever called them? Anyone time I do, it goes straight to voicemail like it's a cell-phone/home-phone.

Anyways this is just me venting and a warning to those thinking about going with turtlestuff. Just go with someone else :p

M

Maggie Cummings

Rob, I went thru absolutely the same thing with her. All you would have to do is change the name from Rob to Maggie. I fought with that woman for 2 months trying to get my seeds. She said she had broken her ribs, I said seeds weren't that heavy to carry. We went back and forth like a couple of crazy people. I can't count the number of people who have had the same experience with her, that Apple Valley Post Office just can't be that incompetent. Until I filed a complaint with Paypal she was just arguing back with me. Then all the sudden after she saw that I had filed that complaint she said she sent me another order out of the 'goodness of her heart'.BS!!! She's a rip off and the only people who actually get their stuff are the ones who fight with her. If a person gives up she wins. I wish we could do something about her.
Where is Rich when we need him???

Gulf Coast

5 Year Member
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Order again from her and send a POSTAL money order... (evil grin) then its mail fraud.. Federal that is.. Shoot it might be mail fraud already.. Where did you find her info to order from her? Maybe let them know what has happend and maybe it will help someone else not get ripped off.

LMBO~ Maggie!! "She said she had broken her ribs, I said seeds weren't that heavy to carry. "

M

Maggie Cummings

Gulf Coast said:
Order again from her and send a POSTAL money order... (evil grin) then its mail fraud.. Federal that is.. Shoot it might be mail fraud already.. Where did you find her info to order from her? Maybe let them know what has happend and maybe it will help someone else not get ripped off.

LMBO~ Maggie!! "She said she had broken her ribs, I said seeds weren't that heavy to carry. "

She didn't think it was funny...:p

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Just an update. I got an e-mail yesterday after my *final* warning.

She basically said "Your item should have arrived. I will add a tracer to your package, and send a new shipment immediately."

Does this mean she's putting a tracer on the old package, or putting it one the new one so I can actually see where it is this time around?

I just don't know if I SHOULD cancel at this point because if I go with anyone else, I won't recieve their seeds until late next week now.

And yes Maggie, it just seems like she comes up with excuse after excuse. Were the seeds OK at least or am I better off just retracting my payment?

I liked hers over the ones at carolina supply because carolinas, only seemed to have clover in terms of weeds, not to mention their shipping is a rip off.

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Just my 2 cents, take the seeds when you get them, Then not order again.. You'll have to pay something for pay pal if you cancel anyway. and if you truely get the seeds then you'll at least be even, (well except for the strss level). (hey maybe,just a slim maybe, you'll end up with 2). but I wouldn't bet on it.
Na

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
I'd bet she never sent them the first time just to see how hard you'd fight. Wait a few days to see if the seeds arrive this time like they should. She can't trace what she didn't ship anyway!!

We need to post something permanent on here to help tell people about this sham. Good tort-lovin' people shouldn't be treated this way. ;)

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Na- Oh I do not plan on ever ordering from there again, even if they were $1 a bag, no way :p. And no, you do not pay anything with Paypal if you cancel. It all gets refunded (even the shipping and 2$ insurance on the package).

Greg- I agree. I think a sticky should be made listing all the tortoise websites people use to buy things. Maybe put in categories like "Food/Seeds", "Enclosure stuff" etc. This way people can easily see people's opinions on who they think is good or had a hard time with.

Now I have to wait for a response from them. I asked whether it not they were tracing the new package or old to them as well, so we'll see.

I highly doubt I'll get 2 bags, but it'd be nice if I did.

M

Maggie Cummings

She said she put something extra in for my inconvenience but I didn't see anything, and no, the seeds weren't good. I planted stuff from Joe (carolinapetsupply) and they are still growing 3 years later, nothing came up from her seeds that I can tell. I filed a complaint with the BBB for what it's worth...if I were you I'd try to get my money back and get out of th deal. And feel free to mention my name to her, she pretty much doesn't like me...:)

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
maggie3fan said:
She said she put something extra in for my inconvenience but I didn't see anything, and no, the seeds weren't good. I planted stuff from Joe (carolinapetsupply) and they are still growing 3 years later, nothing came up from her seeds that I can tell. I filed a complaint with the BBB for what it's worth...if I were you I'd try to get my money back and get out of th deal. And feel free to mention my name to her, she pretty much doesn't like me...:)

Well it looks like I am cancelling then. Will just have to tell her she can deal with the packages herself.

Oh and maggie, have you ever actually called her? All I ever get is a voice-mail.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I am acquainted with the gal who runs Turtlestuff.com. She used to be affiliated with Andy Highfield and I thought she was a pretty reputable person. I have ordered from her several times and have always received my orders on time and the material was of good quality. I have never hesitated to recommend her to others, however because of all the bad press she's receiving here on the forum, I will stop recommending her. However, I have never had a problem with her.

Yvonne

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Yvonne it is good to hear someone had a good exerience with her. How long ago was your last contact and order?

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Crazy1 said:
Yvonne it is good to hear someone had a good exerience with her. How long ago was your last contact and order?

Hmm, I couldn't ever find the phone number for Turtlestuff, only carolinas. Carolinas is what I meant I always just get a voice-mail. I wanted to ask what was all in the grazing seed mix.

But thanks robyn :p. I filed the claim, and apparently she's trying to reverse it. Says she has *proof* of shipment, but doesnt tell me. All that's on USPS's end is that she got an electronic shipping number, so not sure what she's providing.

Either way, what I was told was, if I don't get the seeds within 4 days i'm refunded. And I can choose to "Return to sender" and still get the refund, if it shows up. So luckily I'll get my money back.

I wouldn't have much of an issue with waiting, if I was told what was going on as to why there were delays. But getting any response from her is like pulling teeth. And she said it was shipped on the 29th, which from everyone i've talked to at USPS couldn't have happened, since it wasn't scanned at all.

Yvonne, these are good for leopards right?
http://www.carolinapetsupply.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=41&products_id=179

M

Maggie Cummings

Carolina is a reputable company, I have known the owner now for about 3 years. I mean I know him on-line I have never met him. I was around when he was just getting his business off the ground. His shipping is high, but you get your order right away. I had a problem with an order once and Joe fixed it immediately and added some neat stuff to the order to make up for my inconvenience. He is a breeder of Redfoots a (I think) and Russians and is very knowledgeable about chelonia. I trust him.
I bought the grazing tort seed mix and mixed it with the Russian tort seed mix and added some other stuff like New Zealand white clover and chicory and others I can't remember now and 3 years later it is still growing like crazy. Bob grazes it down to the ground and it all comes back after I have him off of it for a few days.

Yvonne was very surprised when I was telling her about the trouble I was having with turtlestuff. But the funny thing is, all her excuses are the same, the only thing that changes is the name of the people she has ripped off. I will badmouth her every chance I get.:D
My trouble with her was in May.

Rob...maybe her ribs are still healing and your seed order is too heavy for her to carry...

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
maggie3fan said:
Rob...maybe her ribs are still healing and your seed order is too heavy for her to carry...

Haha so true, so true :p

If it's fast and the seeds work, then I dont mind paying the extra $5. I guess what I don't get is, how some places (for the same weight) have such different shipping costs. Turtlestuffs was $4, carolinas was over $8.

I don't think i'll even use all the seeds right away (1 lb is a lot). So I'll have some leftover if needed. Even though the chance of sprouting goes down as they age.

Status
Not open for further replies.