Not the Smartest tort on the block (or maybe he is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
So, I'm talking on my cell phone. I walk outside to look at my pond (which borders my tort enclosure) and notice that Doub's is in his enclosure face down halfway in his water bowl~! It's a large drip thing for a planter, and his back end is sticking up off the outside with legs dangling and his head and front legs are under the water ( legs and head just sticking out almost like he was basking)~! I'm thinking OMG~! He's dead~! :( I walk over and call his name and he lifts his head, looks at me and puts his head back in the water. :( I told him he was being an idiot, and he got out of the water and walked away.

I guess he just wanted to nap in a cool spot, 'cause it is warm today in Sunnyvale. We've been having unseasonably cool weather lately.

Scared me to death I tell you~! Of course now, I wish I had my camera with me, 'cause he really looked so relaxed there, I guess he was basking. He'll just have to do that with his head above water from now on.

M

Maggie Cummings

Torts also drink that way with their face and head totally under the water. And they take gulps slow so they are under for what seems like a long time to us...

Greg T

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
League City, TX
I love how you called him an idiot and he simply walked away! :p

I've decided torts are not dumb animals at all!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well, duh! Doesn't your cell phone take pictures??

Yvonne

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
LOL thats so funny !!!! Tallula drinks like that too, I got a fright when I first saw that, but now she does it every time I soak her haha.

Jas2Cats

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I swear that they know exactly what I'm saying. And, for some reason, all my animals have attitude LOL

Maggie-usually when they're drinking, I can see them moving. This time I didn't see any movement, but, I'm sure you're right. I think he just likes messing with my mind.

Yvonne-I didn't even think of my stupid cell phone LOL But, then, I was talking on it, so, my sister heard me freak out at the whole situation. Unfortunately, my phone's old, and the camera in it freezes the whole phone when I try it. I have my regular camera right inside my back door because I'm trying to get a picture of the hummingbirds at the feeder. From now on, I'll take it with me when I go in the back yard LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.