Not Pooping? Constipated?

peridot

Location (City and/or State)
NC
Hi! My radiated tort hasn't pooped in the last 6 days. In the past two days he's slowed down eating, but is still nibbling on food and moving around.

So far I've tried: long soaks, feeding pumpkin, car ride, setting him on the dryer for the vibrations.

None of the above has seemed to help. He does have a vet appointment scheduled for tomorrow, but does anyone have any other suggestions? I would love for him to go naturally and not have to deal with the stress of the vet.

hermantort

Ohio
i'm having the same issues with my tort right now too. he's still eating but it's less than usual. i've tried pumpkin, more baths than i count, walking him outside in the warm weather and what i do get out of him is usually very small and not enough for what he eats. but he's acting normal and moving around like he's fine. a car ride sounds like a good idea tho, my tort likes to go to the bathroom whenever he gets out of his enclosure. have you had any luck with yours yet?

peridot

NC
Mine went
i'm having the same issues with my tort right now too. he's still eating but it's less than usual. i've tried pumpkin, more baths than i count, walking him outside in the warm weather and what i do get out of him is usually very small and not enough for what he eats. but he's acting normal and moving around like he's fine. a car ride sounds like a good idea tho, my tort likes to go to the bathroom whenever he gets out of his enclosure. have you had any luck with yours yet?

Mine went exactly a week without pooping. So, I made a vet appointment. Our vet is 45 minutes away and I think the bumpiness of the highway worked everything out. He started pooping by the time we got there.

Have you had any luck yet?

hermantort

Ohio
Mine went

Mine went exactly a week without pooping. So, I made a vet appointment. Our vet is 45 minutes away and I think the bumpiness of the highway worked everything out. He started pooping by the time we got there.

Have you had any luck yet?
mine just goes to the bathroom in really small amounts but at least there is something actually coming out. it's been going on for a few weeks now and i called his vet about a week after it started and everything he told me to do i was already doing. i did build him a new cage and i think the stress from moving him and changing his environment is what caused it, so hopefully everything will kinda fix itself on its own. thank you for asking, fingers crossed :)