Not Hungry Like He Used To Be

ritalutzer

Location (City and/or State)
scottsdale,az
I have been giving my 10-11 mo old sulfate tortoise Mazuri pellets usually 2 a day but for the last week he stopped eating them and he used to love them.....also he stopped eating in the last couple of weeks when he used to devour everything in sight...does anyone give their tortoises romaine or plain lettuce? He won't eat the bags of variety of spinach, green vegetables ,etc at all in the last few weeks...also used to devour watermelon and won't even eat that.....I am giving him warm baths every day, he just isn't hungry like he used to be.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I have been giving my 10-11 mo old sulfate tortoise Mazuri pellets usually 2 a day but for the last week he stopped eating them and he used to love them.....also he stopped eating in the last couple of weeks when he used to devour everything in sight...does anyone give their tortoises romaine or plain lettuce? He won't eat the bags of variety of spinach, green vegetables ,etc at all in the last few weeks...also used to devour watermelon and won't even eat that.....I am giving him warm baths every day, he just isn't hungry like he used to be.
This is often due to temperature. They need to be kept warm. What size and age is your tortoise? How is it housed? What is the over night low temp, and what are you using for night heat?