Not Eating RT Grazing Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

5 Year Member
Sure, i'll notice a bite here or there gone from one of the leaves, but Eugene roams his enclosure and only eats when I put in some store bought greens, even though he has lots of RT grazing mix growing. Some is way overgrown, and some is barely two inches tall, and he leaves it alone. Would he be alright if I didn't give him store bought food at all? Maybe once a week I could give him store bought? I have been feeding every afternoon around two. This has been the case all summer with various temps and weather conditions.

jhigh81

5 Year Member
I would still give him a little store bought greens, maybe just cut down on the amount. But I have the opposite proplem. I can't keep any weeds growing, my piggy eats them before they even have a chance. LOL

Edna

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Rawlins, Wyoming
Give him time to discover the bounty around him. My torts are just now sampling some of the weeds and such they were exposed to all last summer. It's not like they're born knowing what to eat.

TortoiseBoy1999

5 Year Member
Palmdale CA
Blastoise said:
Sure, i'll notice a bite here or there gone from one of the leaves, but Eugene roams his enclosure and only eats when I put in some store bought greens, even though he has lots of RT grazing mix growing. Some is way overgrown, and some is barely two inches tall, and he leaves it alone. Would he be alright if I didn't give him store bought food at all? Maybe once a week I could give him store bought? I have been feeding every afternoon around two. This has been the case all summer with various temps and weather conditions.

I give my Russian tortoise romaine lettuce but he still eats grass or GRAZES when I put him outside. Or eats anything else!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
He may just not like the taste of it, not all russians will eat everything others will. No harm in leaving it there.

eve walker

5 Year Member
My guy isn't crazy about spring mix, but he loves kale, as far as store bought food goes. He also likes the cactus I got from Carolina. Outside, it took him a little while to warm up, and then he started going to town on various weeds and plants. I agree, just give him some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.