North Ohio or Souther Michigan Tortoise Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

B K

5 Year Member
Is there a Tortoise Club in Ohio or souther Michigan if not Any one want to start one.

harris

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
B K said:
Is there a Tortoise Club in Ohio or souther Michigan if not Any one want to start one.
I'm in. I live in N Ohio, about 2hrs from the Mi state line.

B K

5 Year Member
harris said:
B K said:
I'm in. I live in N Ohio, about 2hrs from the Mi state line.

I’m north of Mansfield

kyryah said:
BOOOO!!!

What about us Northerners, huh, huh??? :D

I’m up for the drive we can do your area to.:D

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Reality is, there isn't a whole lot of tortoise keepers up North that can do it successfully. In Ohio you have NOAH, which I assume you guys already belong to based on the dragons you have. I am 1000% into having a tortoise club up North. But it won't happen without a dedicated, driving force. Kristina..... Without a doubt would be the one that I recommend lead The Arctic Tortoise Club.

B K

5 Year Member
harris said:
Reality is, there isn't a whole lot of tortoise keepers up North that can do it successfully. In Ohio you have NOAH, which I assume you guys already belong to based on the dragons you have. I am 1000% into having a tortoise club up North. But it won't happen without a dedicated, driving force. Kristina..... Without a doubt would be the one that I recommend lead The Arctic Tortoise Club.

Sounds good to me.I'm not a member of NOAH

B K

5 Year Member
DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter said:
We are about an hour south of Toledo (Tiffin) and we would deffinately be interested !!!!!!

I had the pleasure to meet Dave and his Family today they are the kind of people this hobby needs, his daughter is so into her tortoises it is awesome to see the commitment they have to them.

We need a few more people to get this club going come on you Ohio and Michigan people let’s hear from you.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Just remember, when the dues start rolling in, that we get a kick-back. Mail all checks to:

Yvonne G.
C/O P.O. Box........

B K

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
Just remember, when the dues start rolling in, that we get a kick-back. Mail all checks to:

Yvonne G.
C/O P.O. Box........

OK

emysemys said:

Yvonne G.
C/O P.O. Box........

Do you take PayPal:D

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
harris said:

Uh oh, does that mean that you are nominating me to be a dedicated, driving force? ;) I just want to clean up turtle poop.... :D

It certainly is arctic here - 6 degrees this morning. Brrrr!

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Ohio
B K said:
DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter said:
We are about an hour south of Toledo (Tiffin) and we would deffinately be interested !!!!!!

I had the pleasure to meet Dave and his Family today they are the kind of people this hobby needs, his daughter is so into her tortoises it is awesome to see the commitment they have to them.

We need a few more people to get this club going come on you Ohio and Michigan people let’s hear from you.
Thank you BK !! It was great to meet you and your wife yesterday also !! Hailee has proudly named our new addition "Isis" and she seems to be doing good ! ate some for us last night and burrowed herself down in the mulch and went to sleep. What started as a simple "Dad can we get one of those" has become a tremendous learning experience and priceless time together. Thank you again for driving up here and look forward to seeing you both again.

Seiryu

10 Year Member!
SE Michigan
Everyone ready for the huge snow storm??

Supposed to get 6-12 inches tonight here in the Detroit area. I really hope it doesn't happen though.

I do think it'd be nice to have a club in our areas though.

B K

5 Year Member
Seiryu said:
Everyone ready for the huge snow storm??

Supposed to get 6-12 inches tonight here in the Detroit area. I really hope it doesn't happen though.

I do think it'd be nice to have a club in our areas though.

Thats six its a start:D

SFCMARK

5 Year Member
Northville Michigan
I would be up for something like that. I am in SE Michigan......not sure how much of a "driving force" I could be though.

B K

5 Year Member
SFCMARK said:
I would be up for something like that. I am in SE Michigan......not sure how much of a "driving force" I could be though.

You are close im up in the toledo area all the time.I also go to the Detroit area

B K

5 Year Member
DerekS said:
I'm in Akron Ohio...I'm down for it.

It looks like we have a nice start to The Arctic Tortoise Club.We just need to put it all together.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.