Honeybunnfarms

Location (City and/or State)
South Carolina
Hi! I just got my first tortoise a few weeks ago! (Rosie is her name, thinking she is a girl) She has been pretty active although kinda sleepy too, is this normal? She will hide and sleep randomly throughout the day and I want to make sure she’s doing ok! Also what I’ve read about urates, hers always seem kinda dry when I see them, is this normal? Or is it not? I try to give her a varied diet and soaks ever day/ every other day. She doesn’t drink often but ive hear that it’s pretty normal. I just want to make sure her behavior is normal!

Nickolas

Pennsylvania
You can keep soaking every day. Dry urates usually mean that they are not getting enough water. Make sure it always has fresh water available, and try soaking for a couple minutes longer each time. Do you have pictures? Also temperatures and humidity?

Honeybunnfarms

South Carolina
I don’t know how to do pictures on here
You can keep soaking every day. Dry urates usually mean that they are not getting enough water. Make sure it always has fresh water available, and try soaking for a couple minutes longer each time. Do you have pictures? Also temperatures and humidity?

I don’t know how to do pictures on here but I have been giving her daily soaks for about 30-40 minutes each, the temperature here is at low 76 -80 (depending on the day) and high at 101 in her warming spot, I don’t know the humidity but where I live it’s very humid right now (around 70-90% on any day).