Normal reactions for Torts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samstar

5 Year Member
My female star is doing just fine and her RNS has cleared up totally but only whenever she gets scared, she sometimes blows bubbles from her nose(say for example if I were to pick her up quickly), otherwise if I leave her alone, it’s always dry and NEVER wet. Is this normal? The reason I ask is because my other male star never ever blows any bubbles even when scared.

samstar

5 Year Member
It does not do this all the time, only once or twice when it attempted to withdraw it's head and legs into it's shell did the bubbles come out and that to usually after running around my garden under the sun. So it does still have a little mucus build up or is this a normal reaction?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
What symptoms was she having before that you now think the RNS has cleared up? Were any meds given for that? How long have the bubbles been going on after the RNS clearing up? I don't have an answer but am curious to read when someone else does, and thought this additional info might be helpful. What are the temps and humidity like, indoors and outside in the garden?

samstar

5 Year Member
tortoisenerd said:
What symptoms was she having before that you now think the RNS has cleared up? Were any meds given for that? How long have the bubbles been going on after the RNS clearing up? I don't have an answer but am curious to read when someone else does, and thought this additional info might be helpful. What are the temps and humidity like, indoors and outside in the garden?

She was on baytrill and it cleared up the rns. I checked again today and all is ok. However it did occur to me that I had soaked her just before I saw the bubbles come out of her nose.

flyinghome

5 Year Member
i think your tortoise did not recover throughly from rns. you might need continue the baytrill or something else treatment

only my opinion

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
If the bubbles were only after soaking and never under other circumstances, then I think that explains it. That is the only circumstance you should see bubbles without worry. Just keep an eye on it.

matt41gb

5 Year Member
Arlington TX.
Usually one dose of Baytril will do even though sometimes vets will send home several doses. I always hit them with a dose when any of my box turtles, or torts show signs of an upper respiratory infection.

-Matt

samstar

5 Year Member
I've been checking on her and she has been fine ever since, totally dry nose. I guess it was the soaking that did it.Thanks for all your inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.