Nopale fruits?

Reptilony

Location (City and/or State)
QC, CAN
I saw some cactus pears at the grocery store the other day and didn’t realise they where nopale fruits(they are red). Can this be fed to a sulcata? Im not familiar with any kind of cactus so I don’t even know if it’s sugary. Also how much can you feed nopales (pads) without giving your tort liquid poop.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
My babies poop solid all the time and I leave them some fresh every morning with their food. It’s just a single pad cut in half. I take it out after a couple hours, put it in the fridge and put it back in the next day. They take several bites out of it daily and it lasts about 5 days.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My babies poop solid all the time and I leave them some fresh every morning with their food. It’s just a single pad cut in half. I take it out after a couple hours, put it in the fridge and put it back in the next day. They take several bites out of it daily and it lasts about 5 days.

She's talking the pads in this post above incase you were confused.
The fruit should not be fed every day, it is a fruit but can be given as a treat once in awhile. I wouldn't give much too a little one, but an adult probably a couple times a month. I give my leopards each a half but only a few times a year. They are sold in the red and one that is green. They like the red ones better.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
Ok thank you all. I will try to find the pads today. No fruits for my sully yet then.