Non-Cherry Head Marbling? (Pics)

MPRC

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Do any of you have yellow headed redfoots with marbling? Ruby is about 2-1/2 years old and has just started developing some marbling. I thought this was just a cherry head thing? Maybe she's part Brazilian? She's got nice colors, but definitely no read on her head and not a black plastron.

I have no info about her lineage other than "She came from an expo" - I've had her for 2 years now from a lady on Craigslist who kept LOSING HER IN HER RV because she was a freakin' hatchling without an enclosure.

*Waves*
p2365549413-3.jpg

p2365549412-3.jpg

p2365550264-3.jpg

p1704258656-4.jpg

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
I have 2 adults the same, I'm almost certain they are northern X Brazilian, I also had 2 knowledgeable redfoot keepers confirm my suspicions.
Mine are both females and are very large now but never eggs, also I've never seen my males try it on with either of them, not once. Doesn't mean it's not happening but I've never seen it.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area
I have 2 adults the same, I'm almost certain they are northern X Brazilian, I also had 2 knowledgeable redfoot keepers confirm my suspicions.
Mine are both females and are very large now but never eggs, also I've never seen my males try it on with either of them, not once. Doesn't mean it's not happening but I've never seen it.
Meaning... they are infertile?

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield
Meaning... they are infertile?
Who knows, time will tell, I'm sure someone one out there has bred from northern X Brazilian but mine are showing no signs at all, if they do lay the eggs will be ditched anyway.

MPRC

5 Year Member
Oregon
I'd be interested to see pics if you have any @Anyfoot

Ruby is still small, the immature males will bob and follow her but don't really do the deed, they have 2 large females to harass instead. It's been raining and the torts are going nuts trying to breed, if things ever calm down around here Mango is probably going to have to be a solo tort because he's relentless. Good news is that for now they have a huge space with lots of hides so he's not constantly doing the deed.

Anyfoot

5 Year Member
UK Sheffield

Ruby is still small, the immature males will bob and follow her but don't really do the deed, they have 2 large females to harass instead. It's been raining and the torts are going nuts trying to breed, if things ever calm down around here Mango is probably going to have to be a solo tort because he's relentless. Good news is that for now they have a huge space with lots of hides so he's not constantly doing the deed.
I'll get you some photos tonight after work.

Pearly

5 Year Member
Central Texas, Austin area

Omg, I didn't realize your Mango was such Rasputin!!! It's probably puberty hormones. I don't know if I'd have him live solo. Wouldn't be better to get couple more girl for his little harem? I mean with this kind of a temperament he may make an excellent breeding male:)