No growth for 8 months???

Debi B

Location (City and/or State)
Vista
Sometimes he doesn’t even eat the food I give him, when he doesn’t I try to give him mango, watermelon, papaya, etc but he still won’t eat anything... am I doing something wrong raising him? Do I need to get him a new home that can take better care of him? Please help me I’m losing my patience and I don’t know what to do... I haven’t seen a single reptile vet here in Montgomery since I arrived so I can’t find anyone to help him. Please I need replies if anyone is in Montgomery and knows a REPTILE VET.
My desert. tortoise stopped eating all his favorites. He loved tomatoes,bean sprouts,mushrooms, and squash
Now he will only eat corn. The previous owner said he was like that sometimes.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
REALLY? Just as smart as a dog and can have very good manners. Who's crazier us tortoise folks or warm blooded folks?
We're all nuts! Pigs are sweet and loving. But a bit big to have on a plane.

Of course, there was that passenger who took along her peacock. At least a peacock is not as big as a pig.?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
We're all nuts! Pigs are sweet and loving. But a bit big to have on a plane.

Of course, there was that passenger who took along her peacock. At least a peacock is not as big as a pig.?

Have you ever seen a Peacocks tail? There a lot of big dogs. See em in the store all the time. The point is that IF it's a real support critter that takes no more than 1 seat or 2 if paid for it SHOULD be OK and again IF it's not a noise nuisance.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Have you ever seen a Peacocks tail? There a lot of big dogs. See em in the store all the time. The point is that IF it's a real support critter that takes no more than 1 seat or 2 if paid for it SHOULD be OK and again IF it's not a noise nuisance.
I understand your point.
But even though I am an animal lover, I would be rather uncomfortable if somebody came on the plane with a bunch of tarantulas. Accidents happen. Critters get loose.

I can tell you this...if that happened on a plane I was on, I wouldn't need the plane to fly! I'd be out of there.

Where do you draw the line? I'm not, but most people are terrified of snakes. Should they have to sit a row in front of, or behind, a snake?

We could argue this til next year and not agree. I'm done. ?

William Lee Kohler

5 Year Member
Eugene, OR
I understand your point.
But even though I am an animal lover, I would be rather uncomfortable if somebody came on the plane with a bunch of tarantulas. Accidents happen. Critters get loose.

I can tell you this...if that happened on a plane I was on, I wouldn't need the plane to fly! I'd be out of there.

Where do you draw the line? I'm not, but most people are terrified of snakes. Should they have to sit a row in front of, or behind, a snake?

We could argue this til next year and not agree. I'm done. ?
Of course no argument.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
In Chesterfiled VA there are sorta of wild peacocks that somebody had a on a farm years ago and now run loose. A few have made a quick trip through the circle of life when they ? ? the wrong porch. Just imagine the sheer volume of poop from like 12 birds!

Tortoiseguy804

Today is my birthday!
South chesterfield Virginia
In Chesterfiled VA there are sorta of wild peacocks that somebody had a on a farm years ago and now run loose. A few have made a quick trip through the circle of life when they ? ? the wrong porch. Just imagine the sheer volume of poop from like 12 birds!
A couple of those peacocks hung around in my yard for months and they were mean