Nigel seems sick..... please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maggie Cummings

Must be the season, I have a small one who is off her feed also. 2 weeks ago she had clear bubbles from her nose, so I injected her with Naxcel for 10 days. The whole time she was eating and acting normal...Now she hasn't eaten for 2 days and while I know that's not a long time for a healthy heavy tort to miss eating, it's not like her as she's always been a chow hound. I'm hoping it's just the transition to the new tort table and I will continue doing what I do..stressing on it, I figure she's eat soon...But I am SO obsessive about it! I just hate it when one stops eating...

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Awww Maggie. Is that the tort table you are still working on the temperature? I wouldn't be surprised if she could sense your stress or something!

M

Maggie Cummings

Yes, it's her tort table. I am seriously stressed as she is one of my favorite tortoises. I have raised her from a hatchling and she in now 4 years..

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Meg, I am sorry that Nigel was not feeling good but I am glad she is doing better.
Maggie, I am so sorry that your little favorite one stop eating.

Please both of you, keep us updated.

Meg90

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
WI
Well, I changed Nigel's enclosure (again).....I'll post pics of that soon. He seemed to be having troubles with all of corners in the two-bin enclosure. I had to put rocks in the corners by his pipe, he kept getting "stuck" almost. I've heard that torts can walk backwards, but I have never seen him do it!

Anyways, back to illness updates!

This morning, Nigel was up at about at 9:15ish, and rushed right over for breakfast when I began setting it down. His slate was clean when I got home.

Reid also said he was very active in his new home, cruising around today for awhile before bedding down, and yesterday he was "tunneling".

Tonight when I got home, he was bedded down inside of his log hide, which he usually avoided, but now seems to like! :p

All and all he is almost completely his normal self. He's still a little moody with me though! Must be all of those soakings! But I've started finely shredding carrot into the bath water to entice him to sit still longer lol :p

Maggie, how is your baby doing?

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Meg glad to hear a good update on Nigel. Sounds like he is getting back to his old self Yay ! :) .
Maggie hows your little one doing, update please.

Status
Not open for further replies.