Newly adopted Russian: Food question

Austin’s Ruby

Location (City and/or State)
Davis, CA
Hello! Happy Easter ?

I would love to hear what you all are feeding your Russians. I have a Tort garden started with a variety of plantains, but they won’t be ready for awhile and we are picking up “Ruby” next week!

I hear that the “Spring Mix” at the store is good, and also Kale in moderation. I’m also hearing no fruit, cabbage or broccoli.

Let me know what else I should buy until we can harvest from our garden. Thanks!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I feed mine mostly mixed greens, along with a tablespoon or so of butternut or spaghetti squash or pumpkin 1-2 times a week.

Jamie

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
Hello! Happy Easter ?

I would love to hear what you all are feeding your Russians. I have a Tort garden started with a variety of plantains, but they won’t be ready for awhile and we are picking up “Ruby” next week!

I hear that the “Spring Mix” at the store is good, and also Kale in moderation. I’m also hearing no fruit, cabbage or broccoli.

Let me know what else I should buy until we can harvest from our garden. Thanks!
Hi Austin, and welcome to the forum. That’s exciting that you’re getting a Russian tortoise! Congrats! If you haven’t already seen it, here’s an excellent care sheet you can use as a guide for taking care of Ruby. It talks about food in here as well.

Be sure to share some pics of Ruby when you get her ?

Austin’s Ruby

Davis, CA
Hi Austin, and welcome to the forum. That’s exciting that you’re getting a Russian tortoise! Congrats! If you haven’t already seen it, here’s an excellent care sheet you can use as a guide for taking care of Ruby. It talks about food in here as well.

Be sure to share some pics of Ruby when you get her ?
Will do! And thank you very much ??