Newest family member:-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

izzy2208

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
illinois
Thanks everyone for all your help! The newest member of our family has arived:) my new 4" sulcata :)

Attachments

• 1365095680952.jpg
    1365095680952.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 105

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
looks like he has a nice start,, not a tiny hatchling..
I think I would change the substrate tho. More soil type and not the wood splintery that he might eat and cause a problem.

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
Congrats. Check out Tom's posts here and here for all kinds of great information about raising a smooth and healthy Sulcata. It's pyramiding now, but it's not too late to stop it if you follow Tom's guidelines.

If that's cypress mulch that you're using, then it's 100% fine. Cypress is actually highly recommended, because it holds moisture so well and resists mold.

izzy2208

5 Year Member
illinois
Thanks

His name is Donatello from the ninja turtles and i got him from a place online. When i got him i saw that he was pyrimiding already. They gave me food for him for up to a week but im not really sure what it is. They also said to give him lettuce and mix peas and stuff in with the food - its some sort of pellets that you mush up in water but thats all i know. Can he have that? Otherwise i have orchard grass and that grow- your -own calcium -rich grass too.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Congrats. Cutie there. Like suggested, follow Toms threads and you will be able to grow smooth new growth. Plain chemical and fertilizer free dirt and coconut coir are also very good substrates. The cypress mulch is fine too. I never liked it though, my leopard seemed to get poked by it alot .:(

Status
Not open for further replies.