Newbies Saying Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTheDadHaileeTheDaughter

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
We are building a new enclosure for them will be 5 foot by 3 foot, once it is complete we plan on using the coconut substrate. When we feed them I put them into a plastic bin so they arent ingesting the sand.

30j5loj.jpg

5 Year Member
Ohio
emysemys said:
Hi Dave and Hailee:

Welcome to the forum!!

What part of the country do you live in? Just curious if your new sulcatas are going to be able to live outside much. Once you've become accustomed to the format here on the forum, we'd love to see some pictures of your new babies.

Sorry for late response took me a bit to figure out how to reply, We are in northeast ohio, cold snowy right now, but they are inside, just built a new enclosure for them (pics etc on enclosure area) once it warms up we have a nice bigggggggg yard we plan on building a outdoor summertime area for them and thank you for the welcome !!

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Can you get a flat rock or a piece of slate to put down when your feeding them it helps to keep the beak an nails trimmed

5 Year Member
Ohio
Laura said:
Is that Hay in thier food bowl? I woudl cut it up much smaller. Do they eat it?

Yes that is timothy hay, I had read something a while back that said to soak the hay in hot water and then mix the hay in with your other food, so we tried it and they eat most all of it, also we've been leaving a handful of fresh stuff in the enclosue during the day an they usually eat most of it by the time we get home. Soaking the hay in hot water for 20 minutes I noticed really brings out a nice aroma, so im not sure if the smell is enticing to them or what but they seem to really like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.